Probably asked over and over.......Guns ????????????

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dennisroc, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    That's where you store the bananas that are eaten while relating Seal Team Six stories at the lunch counter. Hence, "banana clip".

haz-matguru Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Ahhhhhh man not another one of those I was a seal guys!!!!

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    This subject has been talked about at least once before. Check out the link provided below.

Firearms and Trucking

I really want to close this thread, but since there is some updated information in here, I will leave it open, but I encourage anyone interested in the subject to read thru the linked thread.

dennisroc and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I just have one question that hopefully will help.

Aside from state carry laws and reciprocal states, can anyone sight any law anywhere whether it's from a state or from FMCSA or from wherever that says whether you definitively can or cannot possess a gun traveling through that state or any state or all states.

I ask this because I have looked through some of those threads and it does appear you can be lost in them for days if you really keep reading. But there's a lot of opinion without really a lot of fact so it seems.

So for me I just would like to see any laws anywhere that tell whether you can or cannot carry within the truck.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think if you get caught with a gun in New York, loaded or otherwise, it's gonna be a bad day.

Same with Massachusetts.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I will interject this -

For those of you that must carry a gun. I've run across a handful of dudes, out of ALL the dudes that I've seen with a gun, that I couldn't take it away from.

Now if you say it's in your truck-

That means you need to go to your truck and retrieve it, then return to whatever scene you feel requires gun play.

Why not just leave, call 911??

To draw down on someone is ADW. So you better have a real air tight case.

It's just so much simpler to walk away from trouble.

You were just getting a Cinnabon, now you're looking at MAN 1 and 10 years.

Oh you'll beat the wrap, of course you will. Maybe. After you've spent every penny you've ever made, and then some on legal fees.

What happened to your life during this 6, 8, 14 months??

You have an 80,000 pound vehicle. If someone is that he'll bent on harming you as your driving away and he's clinging to the running boards, I promise he'll think differently when he falls off.

Some of you watch way too much TV.

8. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Federally there is a law that is referred to as a peaceful journey law. Meaning they should leave you alone as long as it’s unloded and it and ammunition are in separate locked containers you should be gtg. But not all cops know the law.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    So in that instant when you are threatened, you need to tell the threat "time out", go to your truck, retrieve the containers, unlock them, load the weapon, then return to the threat.

10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    He asked about crossing state lines with it. It’s more for someone moving across country and needing to bring firearms with them, or hunting trips or shooting sports. Not for self defense.
    Honestly I figure if a need for a gun arises someone is already in their truck (sleeper) and someone is breaking in.
    If it comes to me needing to use a gun the bad guy ain’t gonna know till I start sending rounds at him. Period.

Too many people (I don’t mean you Dave) think they’re a modern John Wayne. Even more are too scared to pull the trigger. The few that fall between those lines usually do their ofp and don’t talk about it.

I don’t carry at this moment and I’m glad I made that decision after getting lost and going through an intermodal X-ray machine.

Edit:I carry a large knife if I have to be reactive it’s going to be with overwhelming violence. We ain’t dueling like the musketeers it’s just a straight prison yard shank rush. It’s legal almost everywhere because I use it for work.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    If it's in the sleeper and someone is breaking in, the cases still have to be unlocked, and the weapon loaded, or it's not being carried legally in several states.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.