Problems with Clearinghouse and Swift Transportation need help!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Guppster, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Can you explain the part about the the "phantom no reply". I hope this doesn't mean that they are playing games with me personally. I really want to get this new job but there is always something in the way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am not saying they are playing games OR not playing games. I am just saying it's been done before. There are a lot of (redacted) out there that don't have the stones, to be honest with a person and let them know where they stand. There are three types of personas I hate! A (redacted) liar, A (redacted) two-faced (redacted), and a coward that won't face you! The trucking business is FULL of all three! My phantom no-reply comment is simply what it is.

Give this new company another week if you can. Then move on! It's that simple!

brian991219 and Guppster Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The only Clearinghouse with a capitol C is the FMCSA's Drug Testing Clearinghouse. They don't care who you work for as there is no law to prevent one from working 10 different driving jobs if the schedule fits.
    Now what might be is you need to sign up for the Clearinghouse so the new employeer can do a check. That's required by law and must be done.

So I'm going to assume this is what you mean. You need to go to Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse - Clearinghouse Registration and create an account. Log in and give your new employer permission to do a full query.

Anything else is beyond the scope of the Clearinghouse and you need clarification from the new employer as to what's going on.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I thought the same thing at first. Not sure how he drove for Swift in 2020 and not be registered in the clearinghouse. This is why I suspect it's a 391.23 issue.

brian991219 and ZVar Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Don't need o be registered except for the following two reasons.
    1. A limited query comes back with a hit. A limited query only needs a signed permission paperwork. This is the yearly thing the company has to do.
    2. New employee must do a full query by default.

So if a driver never switched companies and never pops hot, then they will not need to ever sign up. Of course the likelihood of that is almost zero, but still.

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Got in on this late. I do not understand this statement. "Clearinghouse" does NOT schedule anyone for a drug test. It is simply a "database" that a Trucking Company must check before hiring a new driver. All of the specifics have been covered in detail in previous posts.

ZVar Thanks this.
  8. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I am registered in the Clearinghouse but for some reason the first time I finished my drug test, they said I wasn't registered. So I had to check for myself and was able to login. I also looked up 391.23 on google and I know that I don't have any violations.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  9. Guppster

Guppster Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I would like to also note that during the middle of December of last year, I was able to get a drug screen but after a week, the company that I wanted to work for told him that I was still under Swift Transportation and that I needed proof that I don't work for them anymore. So I contacted Swift HR department to see what was going on and they finally gave me my separation letter. Now its just been a waiting game. Despite what Moose said, I don't really think my new boss is really trying to lie to me. I don't like going into conspiracy theories either but it could be on Swift's end. As the OP stated, kinda stuck in a rock and hard place right now.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Your boss may not be lying to you, but he is clueless if he's stating he has to have a separation letter. Or at least simply following company policy and not the law. The law doesn't require anything of the sort. He just needs to attempt and if Swift never gets back, document the attempt. I find it hard to believe Swift isn't getting back though. They have a dedicated line for employment verification. Or did when I left.

No, this is the new company 100% playing games and/or not knowing the law. Do you really want to work for a company that either is playing games, or doesn't even know enough of the law to get you started?

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    for Schlitz and giggles, try applying someplace else, if you get approval real quick?

then someone, some where, some place, is BS'ing you

wichris and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.