Problems with drivers in the past week

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavel94, Dec 23, 2011.

1. pavel94

pavel94 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Waterford MI
    Hi guys,

Ive had a bad week with my drivers and need some input on this, I left home last night, I met with one of my new drivers at the yard I went inside to get his check from the office and put the cash bonus in the envolope, and gave it to him and I lest with my truck. The guy had to finish off his load today by 11:00am and we had off until Tuesday. But this morning I get a call from the broker asking where the load is, I said driver should be at the delivery but wait one sec I'll call him... I call and get no pick up. I call the yard and ask if his truck is still there and was told it is. I called a different driver to finish off the load but I still have no heard from the drive who was in the truck. He has worked for me for 3 weeks and I have not had one problem with him but not I can't get in touch with him the whole day. The load was late and the broker cut the rate, and that's understandable but I still owe the drive pay for 4200miles. I don't know what's going on. Sorry if something doesn't have sense I'm writing this from my phone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    I would say you will hear from him when the money runs out. He got a pay check and bonus with a four day weekend. Probably boozed it pretty hard last night.

BigBadBill, Pfuse, buddy_bill and 2 others Thank this.
  4. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    Another Moron, Loser, Worthless piece of #### truck driver.....It's sad what passes for a driver these days!

buddy_bill, dino6960, misterG and 4 others Thank this.
  5. pavel94

Nov 22, 2010
    Waterford MI
    Well that's what I'm thinking but, why didn't he just tell me, because Now the broker isn't too happy and he took off $150 of the base pay. This guy ran hard no problems for three weeks and now this, it doesn't make me too happy, what should I do?

6. SMBdriver

SMBdriver Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Let me get this straight, did he abandon that load? If so, I'd fire him.

7. Stoney

Stoney Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Az
    Can you also deduct the $150 from his pay?

Conservative to the Bone.

8. pavel94

Nov 22, 2010
    Waterford MI
    Yes, he left the load in the yard last night and didn't pick it up today at all! So give him the two weeks notice? Or give him one more chance?

9. SMBdriver

SMBdriver Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Mister, I don't know if you've had employees before, but if you don't nip this in the bud you'll have more trouble than you can shake a stick at.

If it was me, I'd have his last check, yes, the $150 deducted as it's a direct result of his failure to deliver, and give him the big boot Tuesday morning first thing. No 2 weeks, that's for someone quitting to give to you...

If he'd do this after 3 weeks on the job, he's got no respect for your company, so no 2nd chance either IMHO.

10. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I'd can him IMMEDIATELY! Give a piece of #### like that 2 weeks notice and he'll cost you a ton of money!

11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I would wait and see if he gives you an excuse or a reason. And there is a difference. If it is a reason, give him another chance. If it is an excuse, send him packing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.