Problems with drivers in the past week

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavel94, Dec 23, 2011.

1. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN

That is where I got confused. I remembered reading something about his father......my bad :p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That was COLD!:biggrin_2559:

4. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I had a driver call me late one evening around 7 pm to tell me he was sorry, but he couldn't take the load he was supposed to leave with in a couple of hours. Seems there was a knock on his door, and the police arrested him on an old warrant.

I bailed him out, and away he went.

alex94 and SHC Thank this.
  5. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I work a local driving job and this last september my 22 year old step daughter was living with us and had passed away september 1st which was a thursday night and we found her the next morning which i didnt have to work that day but i called my boss to explain that i wouldnt be able to be in the next week because of her death and all that we needed to do, i was fortunate that my job pays bereavment pay for 3 days but my boss was very kind and payed me for 4 days as the weekend after we found her was a holiday weekend but i still called my boss the same day to make sure they new and didnt become a no show.

6. avenger79

avenger79 Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    WIS
    wow, didn't think guys like that were still in this game. 20 years ago I got a shot at driving for an O/O. I was just out of Army and he was willing to train. unfortunately 3 weeks after we started working together I was recalled for Desert Storm.
    I told him not to worry about holding a position or anything. He found a new driver, and he sounded a lot like this guy. drive until he had enough money to party. lizards in the truck, drinking in the truck, took off with the truck and couldn't be found.
    I would be very hesitant to let this guy take your truck out on another run. everyone likes to be the good guy and give a second chance, but if you're going to do that, save it for someone who will appreciate it. Don't think this guy is that person.

7. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I forgot about when i was a otr driver and my father in law passed away, i called dispatch and notified them, they routed us home we took a week off then went back and the truck was serviced and ready to roll, we got back in and went back to work as normal, just parking a truck and not calling your dispatch or boss when a load is on a truck is way wrong sounds like to me the driver needs fired.

8. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    did you even drug test him?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.