Programs and realignment.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by TransplantBadger, Nov 18, 2017.

1. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Actually at QC it was $43 a night and a 34 restart was called an "extended layover" and it was paid $202 every time you did one on the road. Not sure what Walmart offers for an extended layover. I'm assuming they have to be offering something to those trying this out...maybe hotrod81 knows?!

I'm just wondering what Walmart is paying for drivers to layover 34 restart on that program they're trying that's it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Yup. You're right for once.

4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    We've just told you, you'll only get your 42 bucks a night. Nothing else and they're not trying any extended programs. It was just looking for volunteers during the busy season, quit blowing up rumors.

foggy and Coover Thank this.
  5. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Oh ok then. My questions answered. Have a nice day :)

6. TransplantBadger

TransplantBadger Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016

You must not have been an affiliate driver at QC.

Running out of 768- Appleton was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.

I guess @BackIsSore runs out of California so it’s probably true they’re not testing this program.

Which makes the most sense because they rarely make any changes during peak season.

7. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    I was going to say QC is like one of the worst paying jobs in the industry, way worst than being a fxg contractor's driver.

Apple Valley has 2 guys left on the program you're speaking of and it is going away in March.

8. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    538 Albany, NY. One of the few actual corporate terminals they have. QC must make a killing with all their affiliate terminals, and lease purchase plans. The equipment was hit or miss, they're still pulling chemical leaman trailers. and the office personnel was absolute disrespectful. Was a union terminal. Turnover rate was very high, I was #8 in two years being there.

9. TransplantBadger

Jul 10, 2016

So they did try the 34 on the road thing?

Unless they piled on a hotel and some crazy layover pay I wouldn’t even be interested.

I don’t see that program going into implementation.

10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    That layover thing is a non-starter. Already realized truck utilization is dropped according to acting RTM reg 6. Who knew parking a truck for a day and a half in the middle of no where would harm truck numberso_O

The thought was with some of the long deadheads at the end of the week out west, it may be more cost effective to do it every two weeks. Guess the numbers didn't work.

The program thing is going to be interesting. I expect full time trucks to go down to about 30% instead of the 50% it is now. And those gravy set runs are just money pits from a corporate standpoint. Drivers cherry picking home every night runs blowing a giant hole in the middle of the LLM's program. Yeah it sucks. Still an opportunity for guys to make 90k+ a year if they stay. I expect 20% walking.

Always like the 6-2 that is going away. Every 6th check I managed 12 days on the check and drove my ADP way up. Probably go for a 6-3 in March just because I still don't think I will have the seniority for a Tues out full time.

foggy, WallyWife, Coover and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. TransplantBadger

Jul 10, 2016
    Yup. I’m just gonna wait and see.

I’ve heard a lot of us extra guys are going to get. Forced into 5-2-5/3...

Blah.

But I guess if it happens I’ll suck it up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.