PROGRESS

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by southernpride, Dec 19, 2010.

1. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now i made a post a while back about helping a driver get in to the business i stated i woild let eveyone no the results when i was finished well the results are in and the results are as follows.

the driver that i picked was down on his luck with not a lot of hope left, with a lot of problems but he had a lot of desire and he was willing to listen and learn which he did , and im happy to say he over came his problems and purchased his own truck and he did it on his own and he didn't just purchase a truck he got himself a large car and a nice one it is
    and he did what all should do,before he put it to work he parked it and and stated to work on it and evey thing he found wrong with the truck he fixed it befoe he put it to work hell i thought he was going to rub the paint of the thing but im here to tell you he did a fine job it do look good, he didnt have the money to buy his own trailer so he leased on to an excellant company and it is my guess he wil have his own trailer with in
    90 days, his willingnes to work and listen makes me no he will be a big success and i mean big. it is rare in these times to find some one witrh as much drive and determination as he has and it is an examole as to what you can for a fellow driver to help him when you dont preach gloom and doom and woe is me and i didn't do all that much all idid was offer encouage ment and a little advise didnt cost me one dime he did it all himself, also all you knew drivers that ##### about these large cars that go to fast keep an eye on your mirrors and you will no him when yo see him comming and dont worry if he blows youir paint off he will give it back at the next truck stop just stay to the right and do the best you can.
    MY HATS OFF TO THE DINO A REAL DRIVER AND OWNER OPERATOR.

MY BEST TO ALL southernpride:biggrin_25519: good job DINO

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jimbo56

Jimbo56 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Pace, Florida
    Southernpride,

Good to see you back on the forums. May the new year bring you good health, good fortune, and good friends. With your guidance, and many others on this forum, I'm pretty sure Dino will do fine in the big yellow banana. He's got the determination, he just needed the guidance from an old pro such as yourself.

dino6960 Thanks this.
  4. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    :biggrin_25514:First of let me say, Thank you southern pride! I would like you to remember you took the time to exsplain things to me. you took the time when you were sick to continue exsplaining things to make things this dumb redneck could understand!..... People put more into things than what need to be there. you took the confuseion out....yes, i have a nice truck..(things to be learned by newbeis) but i dont have a new truck! I dont need a new truck. Yes i put alot of time into this truck....the aluminum now shines,the paint aint dindgy. yes i have clean the truck up. I also have fixed wireing problems i have found,valve cover leak(and replacement,I also found a fuel leak , And as you know a power steering jug leak as you know , due to you and i corrected part ofit when i stoped by on my way home....i had some lighting and wireing problems ,which were solved today........As it stands i will use my word and yours sp.....Dot's road ready and my road ready are entirly two different anamials......You southern pride have commented so many times " drivers complain they cant,mabey they cant ....the only way they cant is they are either lazy or afraid to try????? " you dont know if you dont try!........you have taught me alot my friend:biggrin_25514: their is more for you to teach me, we are not done by a long shot......I'm just getting warmed up......An southern pride not only are you a great mentor, but a great friend......and just so you know . the gift you gave me when i was at the house is on my visor above the drivers seat:biggrin_25525: ....... And yes everone the pic in my avatar is my 98 pete with over a million miles on the frame, not the engine

Strider, Jimbo56 and rocknroll nik Thank this.
  5. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    Good job Dino....The truck's lookin' good!

Nice to see you posting again southernpride...

dino6960 Thanks this.
  6. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    Thank you Blackw900 , I leased on with jones motor frieght,i will start the first of the year......i will be all over the midwest and the southeast, running a skateboard due to there are no steps available right now, but i plant to run hard and smart for the first couple of mths hopeing to have my own trailer payment free....my goal is to own my equipment free and clear,and eventualy get my own authority by the end of the year....goals to shoot for...hope to get to meet you out there..........Dino

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Glad to see you posting again SP!:biggrin_25525: Good job on guiding Dino. I'm sure he'll do well out there!:biggrin_25514:

8. virgil tatro

virgil tatro Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus montana
    thats awesome

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  9. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I'll keep an eye out for ya Dino....

10. RAG

RAG R.I.P.

Nov 23, 2007
    Tonga

He won't be hard to spot with both that truck and the ear to ear grin:biggrin_25525:

dino6960, Strider, Brickman and 2 others Thank this.
  11. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    :biggrin_25514: not to mention as the bright arse yellow paint........:biggrin_25525: an purple fenders:yes2557::biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.