Progressive Insurance - need an advise

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by monicajonas, Jun 4, 2023.

1. monicajonas

monicajonas Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2023
    California
    Hello everyone!

I just wondering to get your opinion about Progressive insurance.
    My MC# based in Indiana state and I would like to change my insurance company due their poor service and considering now to be insured by Progressive. Has anyone been insured by Progressive? How brokers like it? I heard stories when some brokers just don't want to work with MC who insured by unlikable for them insurance companies.
    Also please share what insurance company are you insured now?

Thank you!

Drive safe!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Had them for three years. Never had a problem with any broker. Had one claim and did not like how they handled it so I moved from them. Not a bad insurance company either FYI

monicajonas and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    This is my 2nd year with progressive. My only complaint is they are really only for dry van or general flatbed stuff.. Any type of specialized cargo and you run into problems a lot.. But they are by far the cheapest insurance around for a starter

5. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Use them for my flatbed operation and haven't had any problems. Never been contacted about a cargo claim or anything though so no idea how that process would go. They gave me a great rate when I started up and it got lower the second year. Hoping it drops a little more the third year coming up shortly.

kros, D.Tibbitt, Siinman and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    I had them for the 1st year and half. Were cheaper by far than anyone else but i never had to file a claim so dont how they are about that. Then i heard some stories about them regarding tarps and moisture damages so read that section again and asked them some questions. Immediately changed insurance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.