Progressive, Northland, or Great West?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Did you add value for your truck/trailer since it went up so much. And if you did, how much has it gone up?
    I'm thinking of adding value to mine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I added $10,000 to truck and trailer, that added $200 to annual premium.

bbechtel16 and Beaver9 Thank this.
  4. Tym-20

Tym-20 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2022
    Thanks for the info :Lorry:

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    With Great west and Northland.....are you able to get/add certificates online at no charge?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Yes for Great West. But, I just email, text, call my agent and he does it for me.

bbechtel16 Thanks this.
  7. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Yes, I can with Great West!

They sent me the log in info. I can do it myself. Or have them do it within 15 min or so.
    Sometimes I start filling up the packet. And by the time I'm done, the certificate is already emailed to me. So, I'm saving time that way not even have to do it myself. But I can do it myself anytime I want to.

8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    You should let great west e-mail it to the customer/broker. That’s what I do, and every year at renewal they are automatically sent to each without me having to do a thing. Makes it very nice.

Beaver9 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Typically, insurance agents are very responsive to the certificate holder requests. It may be an issue over the weekend and during non business hours but otherwise it was never really an issue.
    Sometimes brokers, still want the certificate holder to be sent directly from the agent, not the carrier, so that they can eliminate counterfeiting attempts.

Beaver9 and Siinman Thank this.
  10. bbechtel16

bbechtel16 Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    PA
    Great discussion here. I am finishing out my 3rd year with my authority, renewing for year #4. I have been with Daily Underwriters. Last year I had a different agent offer me a Northland policy for a grand less than Daily but I stuck with Daily and my agent. This year my agent quoted me 4 grand cheaper with Great West over Daily. The Great West quote is $10,800. I am getting a quote from the other agent on Northland again but sounds like it's probably going to be Great West. Can't find anyone to talk bad about them other than them not allowing rapid growth which honestly I think is wise on their part and yours. Daily has been ok but man are they weird with a bunch of stuff, commodities they don't cover, and their claims handling could be better IMO.

Beaver9, larry2903 and Siinman Thank this.
  11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I like Great West's, break down insurance and the vanishing deductible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.