Project truck is done with a few issues HELP

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ajigago, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ajigago

ajigago Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Long story short I just got done with my project truck, Volvo 2009, with D12D engine with eaton 10speed auto(truck had cummins in it originally with same transmission) (don't ask why I did this, it's been a nightmare, whats done is done)
    Had to replace all dash wiring harness since the dash was wired for cummins previously...i did replace it with a used wiring that came off a similarly same spec truck but the only difference the truck I got it from had a clutch but was auto...(RTO16910BAS3)
    I finally cranked it up, and have few issues:
    ***Active code: mid 128 sid 78 fmi 5 (the only active code)
    Checked grounds, connections, engine has brand new sensors, new pump, new fuel housing. It has to be a wiring issue, but where do I look. Can someone point me to the right direction?
    ***Also, Exaust break kicks in as soon as the air tanks are full. Then Again brand new exaust break, exaust valve.

Any input is appreciated.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Your "project truck" is a......

Uh, nevermind.

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Is the 12 litre legal in a 2009 it may be hard getting work done on it at a Volvo shop

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    this code you have is for the electric fuel pump assy now that being said most d12 do not come with this set up check your fuel filter housing make sure if you have a manual pump check the ecm if it is from that engine if it has electric pump then you have a wiring issue between ecm and fuel drive pump

6. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    What did you do with the original wiring harness? Still got it??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.