pROPANE GRILL

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by hwy69, Feb 27, 2009.

1. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    boy i'd like to... naaaaaaaaaah... too easy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simpleinterest

simpleinterest Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Spartanburg, SC
    hehehe and I am NOT gonna ask. Give us a hint :biggrin_25525:

4. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    >.>

<.<

Be more then I'm getting now!

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You can carry a propane grill, I would not carry the bottle in the cab or the sleeper. I would carry the fuel can on the rear of the cab or attached to the frame. The 2 considerations are heat after use, and a leaking propane container.

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Hello I carry a grill expert by Coleman with me onboard my truck and grill daily using the little 1lb cylinders never had an issue. I recommend if your planning to carry one and grill stop by any kwik trip for your sirloin steaks they are awesome.

7. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    i use a diesel fueled grill. gives everything a nice....smokey flavor...hang on...gotta baste with some power service 911......

Schoob Thanks this.
  8. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    [​IMG]t

This happen in Toledo Oh driver was using a propane camp burner in the bunk it fell over he just made it out. The trailer also burned up before the fire dept got there. Nagle truck line terminal isn't 5 miles away from the WALMART parking lot where he was cooking.

tucker Thanks this.
  9. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    gee...i wonder why walmart won't let us park in their lots anymore......

10. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

I'm old school,cheap 10$ grill at walmart,bag o charcoal n fluid.Been working that program for years.They sure make some nice propane grills tho-might be time to get w/the times.
    Sure enjoy that charcoal smell/flavor--------then,when the coals are about ready,you could walk around the trailer n gather up all the little busted pieces of the pallet's,Skid smoked T Bone.
    Hey-dont laugh-out west in the 80's,Mesquite was easy to find to add to the fire.
    I wonder if DaveinAZ did the same?

[​IMG]

tucker Thanks this.
  11. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I have kept a single burner Coleman camp stove and several of those small bottles of propane in my trucks since the late 80's. Never have had an issue. I have had DOT get up and look inside a couple of times and it was in clear sight and no one said a word. Oh, I suppose you could get that cherry DOT cop that wants to make a name for himself try to make an issue of it I suppose. I still carry the stove and worry about it as much as I worry about a giant meteor hitting the planet and killing off all life.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.