Pros and Cons Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ChancesRGood, May 16, 2018.

1. ChancesRGood

ChancesRGood Light Load Member

May 28, 2017
    What do you think of Roehl?
    I looked at schneider Tanker OTR applied and spoke to them... not good enough.. they wanted me to walk across the top of a tanker as part of my testing... I dont do things that are wrong or unsafe period
    so no go on schneider
    I am looking at Roehl I put in an application so we will see but if you had known things before... or you have seen or heard things now what do you think of them
    I hope they pay better but honestly how you treat ppl matters... plus the puppy doggy thing :D
    are there things to know, ask about, or best trucking jobs at them you would recommend.
    I only have about 4.5 months experience 2.5 ish as hot shot in a pickup pulling a hazmat flat bed trailer
    and same kinda 2.5 months hualing van at schneider before that...
    What do think and what are good things to ask about and for with them???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    actually, i did have a tanker job, i was once an onsite diesel fueler (both class B truck AND class A truck) and YES, walking on top of the tank is done, to open/close the lids/domes, and locking them. this is why hard hats are required at the fuel rack. i also ran tanker class A to the Lemont, IL union 76 location for mineral spirits. there too, i had to walk the top of the tank, to be sure the rack workers closed and locked them. at one rack i had to go to, i had to fill the tank from the top, which meant lowering the arm(??) into the tank, and turning a handle to let the fuel pour out.

but i have to admit, that IS a skinny catwalk, and when it's winter time...oh boy......

4. ChancesRGood

May 28, 2017
    well I have the X endorsment but Tanker will at very least have to wait
    in the meantime I am hoping Roehl will work out better and they are nearer my house

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Rather then talk over the phone to a recruiter when they can spin you all sorts of yarns, i'd personally go in to their depot and take a look around check out the service centre look at the general condition of the trucks get a feel for the attitude of employee's. Does the place look immaculately clean or more like the local tip? these are all tell tail signs of what type of company they really are.

cjb logistics and ChancesRGood Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    tanker is a simple written test, i cannot remember how many questions, but maybe about 20?

sometime too, when pulling dry van, you might get these square tanks in a metal "cage" to haul, i forget thier specific name, and you do need the tanker for that, in a dry van!

i know this to be true, i worked line haul for a LTL company, they knew i had doubles and hazmat, but told me i must have tanker as well..

Trucker61016 and austinmike Thank this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    [QUOTE="ChancesRGood, post: 7323937, member: 19867.. not good enough.. they wanted me to walk across the top of a tanker as part of my testing... I dont do things that are wrong or unsafe period[/QUOTE] What is wrong or unsafe about walking across the top of a tanker?

buddyd157 and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  8. ChancesRGood

May 28, 2017
    X endorsement is Tanker plus Hazmat... the hazmat doesnt bother me, the sloshing of tanker driving doesnt bother me... but heights with no railing Nope

9. ChancesRGood

May 28, 2017
    What is wrong or unsafe about walking across the top of a tanker?[/QUOTE]
    if you walked across something like that in construction or such you would have to be tied off or have railings... ppl die falling that far or get greatly injured

austinmike Thanks this.
  10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Don't get into flatbed work, no tieoffs or railings. Caution and good sense worked pretty well for me. :D

11. ChancesRGood

May 28, 2017
    flat bad isnt so high off the ground lol

austinmike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.