prosport runs danderously illegal loads !!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by oneyrotr66, Apr 30, 2013.

1. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    I would beware of any Russian company out of Chicago area....especially out of elk grove village

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Beware why? I mean you guys act like you're not being butt raped by these other outfits that you would beware of russian companies out of chicago. One way or another everyone gets raped because it is a capitalist system. The only difference is some companies will give you a little more pay for raping you than most will. Other than that its all the same lol.

4. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida

Here's the difference between working for (insert mega bottom feeder here) VS working for these immigrant outfits around Chicago and California. At the mega's you might be treated like a number but at least they usually pay you on time and accurately and you are an employee so you have some legal leverage if you feel you were shafted. With these fly by night outfits you're a 1099 "sub contractor," you have no benefits, they pay if they feel like it, they pressure you to run illegally. If they don't feel like paying you there is not much you can do since according to them you were never an employee to begin with. They play by a different set of rules. Like for example they book team freight from a broker and expect the solo driver to run it. Not saying they all screw drivers but it is driver beware when even considering driving for one of them.

8thnote Thanks this.
  5. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    ok, who is lying worse? the ads on craigslist? or the prime, england, swift magazines that tell you you can make big money, be home every weekend and "they treat you like family"?

6. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i willl say this

you may be a shill, but your post sounds more credible to me than the first one

YES, i know there are "russian companies" that run wild

but the first guy knew what he was getting into and now he wants to turn states evidence

no one respects a rat

picaso Thanks this.
  7. wildcat2

wildcat2 Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Lumberton,NC
    Anyone notice that the "supposed " team load went from 770 miles to 850 miles? That just makes me wonder how much truth there is in OP's first post. Also changed story on 4,000 miles a week,at first it was he knew it wasn't possible . Then it was well I was a new driver and thought it might be difficult.

8. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Ive worked for prosport for 2 years. Not once have they missed an expense, an empty mile nor my pay. I brought in a friend that needed 2,000 dollars to pay his mortgage cash advance.. and this man hadnt worked a single day yet.. they gave him the cash advance that same day.. that man still works here to this day. I brought 4 other guys here and all of them are americans and happy as can be. Yea there are shady companies out there but these guys were both former drivers and they understand what it takes to keep a driver happy... pay him good.. pay him on time and take his side in issues over dispatchers and others because a driver really has no reason to lie.. he can go anywhere and get a job in a heartbeat. It's a good company to work for both as drivers and in the office.. from the 2 years I have been here not a single dispatcher or office girl has left rather they have added about 10 more people.. from 50 trucks to over 200 now and about 100 owner ops. You cant cheat people and still grow so fast without having loyal drivers.

truckermetz and EZX1100 Thank this.
  9. AZVern

AZVern Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I completely agree with Knight Rider, this other xxxxx is merely disgruntled.

I work for ProSport, and I have never once been asked to run illegally. Furthermore, I have refused loads that would have required me to run through the night, because I simply can't stay awake through the night.

I have had nothing but good income, and respect, working for this company.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  10. AZVern

AZVern Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I have always been paid on time, and accurately. (I have even been paid more than I anticipated on more than one occasion).

You also know very little about labor laws if you think that being a contractor in any way precludes legal rights, or leverage. I have never had any benefits in trucking that I didn't pay completely for. The only difference now is that I have to obtain my coverage on my own, rather than through the company.

You don't seem very well informed about this company. You likely have no experience other than working for the mega corporate carriers.

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    They have one of the worst SMS BASIC scores I've seen. :biggrin_25511:

Plus ~9% of the fleet has been in a reportable accident and over half the fleet has been put OoS one time or another last year. Nah they don't run illegal. :)

I tend to believe the first poster even if he is a newbie.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.