Prostar and maxxforce engine

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by ew2108, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I can't keep up with all this emissions regs. What new is coming down the pike for 2014? I wonder if the project than Amminex is doing that Navistar pumped a bunch of cash towards is where things are going with the Maxxforce. From what I have read about that, it seems interesting option.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm really hoping in the next 5 to 10 years all the emissions stuff is after the engine. No more EGR or coolers or after treatment injectors or double turbos... I would like to see some kind of module in the exhaust system that can be serviced or replaced as a module with out removing the cab first! ...I can dream...

lv gn Thanks this.
  4. Dutch

Dutch Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Commiefornia
    lol I wish that would be the case.

5. jerrytdd

jerrytdd Light Load Member

May 10, 2011
    savannah,tn
    Maxx force 13 was using oil,replaced turbos, 2weeks later using oil and low oil pressure again. Any ideas or useful suggestions?

6. Dutch

Dutch Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Commiefornia
    2010 emission? I havnt seen too many turbos fail on the 2010 because of them passing oil. The 07 would because of the breather system, and exhaust brake. It could be the air compressor, or the piston rings.

jerrytdd Thanks this.
  7. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    bringin up this old maxxforce thread. i was unlucky enough to get into a prostar with maxxforce. how the fcuk do u shift this thing? i was coming from a dd15 and was smooth sailing shifting like butter all day everyday. i hop in this thing and im accelrating like i never drove before. couldnt catch a clear gear all day. i tried shifting low rpm. caught a clean one here n there. tried the exact same thing and it ddint work the next time. then i tired shifting gears 6-9 at 2000 rpm and they floated right in. cant seem to get it going from a stop without grinding. thank god my loads are light this thing feels like a dog. whats the trick so i dont beat this pos up anymore.

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    A match...

flightwatch Thanks this.
  9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Some series of engines seem to hold the rpm for a split second after you let off the throttle so it is easy to get messed up. These engines are a low rpm, torquey engine. Shifting at lower rpms (1300ish) should get you good results. They are a different engine and sometimes it just takes some time and practice. Look on Youtube, International made some videos about shifting techniques you might find helpful.

Ysofast and lv gn Thank this.
  10. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    yea ur right. when i do let off the throttle the rpms do hesitate a split second before they start to fall. i noticed that i have to train myself to delay my shift a nano second or it will grind from being to early. then ill have to blip the throttle again to raise it to slip it in. real pain in the ### this engine.

11. Dutch

Dutch Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Commiefornia
    your ecm could be out of date, they had a fix in a calibration release for the rpm hang up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.