Prostar check engine light will not clear

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by habfleet, Aug 17, 2015.

1. LesBrinson

LesBrinson Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Press the toggle button on the dash and it will take you from that screen to the actual codes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LesBrinson

LesBrinson Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Do any of you know how to clear the SPN codes from the truck? I know holding down the two buttons for the cruise displays them, but can’t seem to find anyway to clear them. I started with 13 active and have widdled it down to 1, that stupid SART module (battery is in the mail)! Any help is appreciated!

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Both the cluster LCD and Driver video display will only show codes, if that option is enabled. Neither of them support the ability to clear inactive codes.

6. joejffrs

joejffrs Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2018
    San Diego
    Hey Heavyd-been chasing this 524285-14 SART code for awhile. Active code and check engine light, replaced module battery with a new one (voltage was perfect) but code and light remained. While chasing the SART module yellow and green wires under dash, they looked good. Next start up, no engine light or code. Today, active SART code and no engine light. Researched all your posts about this with no luck. Might be dealer time, but I thought I’d try you first as the dealership here in San Diego is less than desirable for small companies. Thanks for any input.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The SART module code will not cause a check engine light by itself. The ecm uses it to time stamp when faults and other events are logged. A bad SART will cause goofy codes like Ambient temp sensor does not agree with other temp sensors. This is because if you shut down a hot engine and restart soon after when it is still warm, without a proper time stamp from the SART module, the engine thinks it hasn't run in over 24 hours and thinks all temps should be the same. This will actually cause a regen to be disabled if it happens twice to make the code active. Also, your 524285 code is logged by the body controller, not engine. So if you have an engine light, there will be another code. For your SART module, it only has 4 wires. A is ignition supply, B is ground and C and D are data link wires. So either the module is bad or you have a datalink problem.

QUALITYTRUCK and joejffrs Thank this.
  8. joejffrs

Jul 24, 2018
    San Diego
    Thanks Heavyd-Great info-I’ll check out the module and datalink

9. joejffrs

Jul 24, 2018
    San Diego
    Was able to borrow a good SART module and the check engine light went out. No active codes anymore. Bought a new module on eBay for $75. Didn’t suspect the module as much as they seldom fail-according to previous posts.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  10. Elite Trucking

Elite Trucking Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Hello I have a 2014 International ProStar with a Cummings Engine. Dash keeps showing Low Coolant Level and advises me to shut down. Took it to the shop for repairs and it is still showing the same message on the dash. Please help

11. Elite Trucking

Elite Trucking Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Hello I have a 2014 International ProStar with a Cummings Engine. Dash keeps showing Low Coolant Level and advises me to shut down. Took it to the shop for repairs and it is still showing the same message on the dash. Please help @Heavyd

12. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Is your coolant low? If not, you probably have a bad level sensor.

13. StilesTruckingLLC

StilesTruckingLLC Bobtail Member

May 29, 2019
    Coming over the mountains in Idaho earlier today on I-90 my check engine light comes on. Stopped and checked codes. Only Active code is SPN: 647 FMI :3 OC: 75..... 19 others but all inactive. Truck runs fine so far.

• Truckers Report Jobs