Prostar warning buzzer location

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by RedBeard, Aug 27, 2013.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    So I got myself a 2009 Prostar with Cummins engine 2 months ago. Well, the warning buzzer in the dash quit working. When I turn the key to On, I can hear a faint clicking in there like the relay turning the buzzer on and off, so I figure it's the buzzer itself. But without it sounding, it'll be hard to track down. Rather than tear my dash apart searching, I figure I'll ask here. Do any of you know where the buzzer is and how to get to it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    hang tight.HeavyD will be along any minute!

4. RedBeard

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    Thanks, just got off the phone with a dealer. It's part of a $220 module. They had one in last week with the buzzer not working, though, and the module wasn't the fix. they had to replace the entire instrument cluster. Over $900 plus labor. Anybody want to buy a Prostar? Will trade it plus cash for a 1995-2002 Pete.

5. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Oh man, too bad you're not in Houston! I bought mine from the dealer there and they have fixed ALL the bugs...ABOVE AND BEYOND what anyone would've thought. I love mine. How many miles did yours have on it when you bought it? If I can keep it rolling for 2 years,I'm tradin in for a Lonestar/Cummins!

YOU MIGHT WANT TO P.M. HEAVYD BEFORE YOU BUY THAT PART..He has no dog in the fight,just a nice guy that likes to help..

6. RedBeard

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    Y'all ain't gonna believe this. After some more quality time with Google, I found a forum in which someone had postedthat he had had a few Prostars come through his shop recently with inop instrument panel buzzers. The fix was to disconnect the batteries for a moment and reconnect. I tried that this evening and wouldn't you know, my warning buzzer now works just fine.

A1xpress, mariogh and Rawze Thank this.
  7. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    AWESOME!!!! Seeeeeee,you can't just give up on it!!! :biggrin_25523:

8. RedBeard

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    Still...they were talking about up to $1200 to replace the entire instrument cluster to fix a freakin' $10 buzzer. Not an acceptable concept. And I still wonder how it got screwed up in the first place, so as to require a hard reset of some computer. When this truck is paid for, I'm selling it and buying a pre-2002 emissions Pete and refurbishing it.

9. mustache69

mustache69 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2013
    This worked for me...Thanks RedBeard!!!

10. mariogh

mariogh Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2014
    This post just saved me some wasted time in a shop, and some $$$. The low air warning buzzer stopped working. After I read the messages above I tried the "disconnect the batteries for a moment and reconnect" trick and it fixed the problem. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.