PSD training with Prime Inc.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Calvin Stewart, Feb 29, 2016.

1. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    With the attitude your displaying here. Swift's loss, Prime's gain. You'll do fine!
    There is a wealth of information in this forum and even real Prime drivers are more than happy to share, exchange numbers, the whole bit. I've been taking care of very well in my last 8 months. This is my first trucking experience. I've done company for eight months and just went lease. There have been bumps along the way, but nothing directly related to the company. Just individual personalities as with anywhere. My year will be up in August, and unless I'm offered something super sweet in the Southeast, regional, sick of winters, I'll be staying with Prime. If I do get the itch to move, I'm making sure it's on great terms, because I could see coming back to Prime. I'm hoping I can get a good SE regional with Prime.

Anyway, this ain't about me.

Good luck to you driver!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Calvin Stewart

Calvin Stewart Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Thanks driver and by you becoming a lease operator and sacrifice to become successful you will get that southeast regional. We all have to pray about it. It's your dream and claim it driver. Claim it.

wolf71 and darthanubis Thank this.
  4. diesellover22

diesellover22 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    I could be wrong but from what i heard recently is that the tuition contract was changed a while back, its not leave in 6 months and pay half anymore you leave anytime before the year and you pay the whole amount for tuition.

5. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Which is probably why you don't get a copy of the contract you sign. Ask for it.

6. diesellover22

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    I agree with you, im getting ready to leave and also see my self coming back if i ever want to do otr again. My experience has been good while here.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  7. diesellover22

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    Yeah when i signed it it stated about paying half if you left in 6 months, that was a year ago though. Talked to a couple new psd who have said it went up in price from what i signed and the six months rule isnt stated no more according to them.

8. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Also a dedicated out of Olney Illinois.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  9. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Sounds like you signed what signed and I'm leaving as well.

10. Calvin Stewart

Calvin Stewart Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Well truckers I'm almost finish with TNT and boy I'm ready to get my trainer truck. He's OK but I can't handle the smoking and plus he can't sleep when I hit the humps and bumps for example. .....Indiana toll roads are screwd up I wanted to pull over the side of the road. ....lol. He do gets on my nerve and always WA Ted me to drive at night but I turn the table around and had him driving at night sometimes. I'm not worried about the contract because I decided to do 3 or 5 years and do local work after. Prime Inc. has been good to me so far. I'm back on the road and I will do my best to protect my CDL. I know that Prime are slowly getting rid of the manual transmission and transition to automatic. Well it doesn't matter I can work both....lol. The way I see things is every trucking company are alike in a certain way. The reason why some trainer properly and improperly. I know some of you may have a different opinion about but to me they work the same in a different frame of mind.

11. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Is it possible to request a "non-smoking" trainer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.