Psychological Effects

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by xlsdraw, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Michael-CO

Michael-CO Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2022
    Aurora, CO
    It's sad to see people defending George Orwell's 1984 stuff OP. Very disheartening, extremely intrusive, and it's only going to get worse. Not just in this industry, but with everything. I am blown away at how much people have come to accept this stuff into our realities.

I wouldn't take a job with one that is pointed in the cab like that. I further don't understand from a liability perspective why companies are allowing this much recording. If something goes wrong due to the driver's fault, all they have done is cement the opposing lawyer's case for liability when they find out there is a video and use the videos for their lawsuits.

I can understand the cameras around the rest of the truck for external reasons, but I can't understand as an alleged "free" society, why people are letting this get so far. It can't be stopped now and it's only going to get worse in all verticals of life. For folks that are OTR, many of those cameras and where technology is heading, they can dial into the camera at any time and see or hear what is happening in the truck live. Even if they commit to never doing such a thing while off duty, I would never trust the other humans enough to actually not do such a thing. It's beyond creepy even if you do live a narrow and straight life.

I interviewed for a job once at Fed-Ex as a route driver and they told me they were 6 months away from cameras that would automatically shut down the truck on you, while driving, for yawning too much. That's beyond insane.

1984 is clearly where we are headed and people just don't care at all...as long as they are getting their bonus points for some nonsense promo card they are so willing to give away all their privacy and information too. Sadly, it doesn't even take much other than free refills for big poison glasses of soda to drink for many.

Heil the thought police. Long live Big Brother.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    If I were still active and was told I had to drive being monitored to this degree? I would give them the dang keys back and leave! NFW I put up with that BS!

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    But the paycheck is worth it!!!!! SMH

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Which one of those words weren’t clear to you?
    I understand each one of them,maybe you just don’t have a answer.

6. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    It only bothers you if you let it. I see it as white noise, if I'm not doing anything wrong I just ignore it. Kinda like my gps, I just turn the tunes on and ignore all of the beeps and boops. It's really not that hard.

7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    We are all not cookie cutter versions of each other so what doesn’t affect you might bother the heck out of someone else.

8. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    Insults phase me none. :D

9. Maxiforce

Maxiforce Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2022
    Yes that science.The face mask wearers

10. Maxiforce

Maxiforce Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2022
    probably the mustache .

11. RuralTrucker

RuralTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    Oh the scientific brilliance that can be found here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.