PTO + Wet Kit + Blower = Confused

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leadfoot80, Mar 16, 2013.

1. lrichardson

lrichardson Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Does anyone in the Houston would like to trade a blower motor kit for. A hydraulic wet line. Kit if so email lrichardson50lady@Gmail.com

2. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Make sure that the truck you buy, is it isn't already set up with a PTO, is capable of driving a PTO. Some of the mega carriers spec a trans without the gears that mesh with the PTO's to save costs/weight, etc. Only the Mega carriers buy enough trucks at a time and get them speced just as they want. Adding the needed gears afterwards is very expensive.....

I agree with the Gardner Denver suggestions, they have had the quietest blowers for a number of years now after re-designing their products which had the reputation of being the loudest made.

If you will be vacuuming on product you will need a muffler to place on the outlet while the blower is sucking on the trailer. That's the loudest thing you can do with a blower.

W903B Thanks this.
  3. gra511

gra511 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Try opening up craiglist, in San Antonio, tx they usually have trucks for sale by owner operators tired of the eagle ford area and checking Odessa tx craiglist will have trucks listed as well as blowers for sale

4. Big Ragu 1723

Big Ragu 1723 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2019
    I know this is an old thread so hopefully I’ll get a response. This may seem like a dumb question but I’m not knowledgeable enough to know the answer. Can a tranny have 2 separate PTOs on it ? If I have a tractor with an air compressor/ chemical product pump specifically the Paragon HydraChem on my passenger side is it possible to put a separate PTO on the other side of the transmission with a wet line for a dump trailer ? Yes I know I need a hydro/fuel split tank. Just wondering if it’s possible to have both set ups. If anybody can help me I really appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  5. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Which tranny?
    Which engine?

6. Big Ragu 1723

Nov 26, 2019
    None yet. Getting ready to spec new tractor. Just wondering if it can be done, but if you know which engine and tranny works best please let me know. Was going to go with Peterbilt either Cummins or Paccar engine Eaton Fuller 13spd trans. Thanks for the reply.

7. tank4life

tank4life Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, there should be a bottom mount 8 bolt PTO, and a side mount 6 bolt PTO. This is on a manual transmission, not sure how many PTO's on the automatics.

8. Big Ragu 1723

Nov 26, 2019
    Ok great sounds good ! Definitely going with manual trans. Thanks for your help!

9. tank4life

tank4life Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    If your going to run a blower, use the bottom 8 bolt bottom mount PTO. The 6 bolt side mount will not tolerate the start up torque needed for the blower. The PTO will not hold up.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  10. Big Ragu 1723

Nov 26, 2019
    I will not be using a blower. I will be using a air compressor/product pump made by Paragon HydroChem, that’s my primary work. Also looking to do some dump work too. Thats why I was asking about 2 PTOs. Thanks for your help also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.