PTO

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Aaabbbccc, May 14, 2016.

1. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

Sitting at home, planning my vacations for the next 6 months or so. I seem to remember something about we will be prorated for PTO time when it actually takes effect. I have my 20 days from my Anniversary in April. Thinking about what I will have available at the first of the year. I know about the 10 day rollover.

So am I earning time now? And that will just be added when PTO takes effect?

Or do I have an exhaust leak and the fumes are making me hallucinate.

If, I don't get any answers, I'll just ask HR on Monday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    Let me know what you found out Please!

4. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

I'll try to make this clear. My anniversary was in April. I got my 20 days vacation. From that date till PTO takes effect, I am earning vacation at the old rate. For this example , say PTO takes effect August 1. I would have earned 4 months vacation or 1/3 of a year. 1/3 of 20 is approx 6. Then after August, we are all earning time on the PTO rate. So, 6 months worth( till the end of the plan year, January 31). This roughly 1/2 of the 36 total days I could earn in a year ( I'm in the 15-20 yr group). So approx 18 days. This means that from now till January I have 20+6+18 days, plus 2 personal, plus deferred holidays for Memorial Day and Fourth of July.

I hope this answers it for you. Your time may be different depending on your anniversary, years of service, of course.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.