Publix distribution centers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Dec 3, 2008.

1. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Publix--employee owned.. Makes all the difference in the world.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danelady

danelady Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I just delivered to the Publix in Jacksonville...I ain't been driving but 4 and 1/2yrs...but I have never...ever...had a lumper come up to me and tell me if I gave him money he'd get me unloaded quicker. Well,after sitting there for 5hrs I was desparate to get outta there and tipped him. I forgot that just cuz its unloaded it doesn't mean that the receiver is gonna sign the paper. I wound up sitting there another 3hrs and then had to find a place to park...haha,funny joke. I did find the Walmart down the road. That's all I can say about Publix without having this post censored.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

yeah that -20* does mean something!:biggrin_25523:

5. trunch13

trunch13 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2009
    high desert,ca
    It took me about 5hrs to get unloaded thier.thats atthe alt GA warehouse complex that place is huge at least they got parking...

6. moon light

moon light Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    georgia
    pubilx is one of the best distribution centers i've ever delivered to.let you park as long as you want on secured lot.they feed you sometimes in break room

7. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    I agree completely with one exception in the Publix system. Their Deerfield Beach,FL facility stinks. I have been there many times and ALWAYS end up in the door for 4 plus hours for a straight pull-off load. Not to mention, the last time I was there, the lumper service got my shipper for $320 to unload a trailer load(10,000 pounds of a single product) of frozen waffles.

Another example of a GREAT grocer to deliver to is HyVee. And yes, you guessed it, they are also employee owned. The one difference between HyVee and Publix; HyVee unloads their own stuff, no lumpers.

8. danelady

danelady Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  9. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Yep EGGO has a problem right now due to the floods in November 09 in Atlanta.
    There is also a problem at another plant having something to do with equipment but it's true about a shortage with Eggos! It made the headlines and prime time news!

10. ronrdrcr

ronrdrcr Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Burlington, WI
    I use to work at the spirit lake publix in winter haven back in 94-97 when I was in high school. They use to unload the bread at the front door and we'd bring it inside when we came in at 6am. One of the best companies I've had the pleasure of working for (with the exception of the Coast Guard that is).

Ron

11. Chickenbone

Chickenbone Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Florida
    I drive a route and drive right by that store 3 days a week,was up there this morning in winter haven in the rain

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.