Publix Distribution

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by jerry101209, Jun 26, 2018.

1. jerry101209

jerry101209 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Drove into Publix Distribution Center Frozen Foods Lakeland, Florida to make a delivery of frozen box meet. Checked in and security directed me to the staging area and told me that it will be 3 hours before anyone can get to me. After calling and getting no answer 5 hours pass, what I can not believe that it was the next day before they gave me a door where I sit and waited and waited and waited. Even their security was very very rude, ill-mannered and impolite and the hold thing about this is..... I have two other stops on the truck imagine what the other deliveries will do (HOLD UP) all because Publix Distribution Center Frozen Foods took their time or someone drop the ball .....

Not a good place to make deliveries when theirs other stops on the truck

A concern Driver just trying to make a living

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I've always hated Publix in Dacula GA. But when I was doing reefer I beleaved the security guards job was to be a complete pain in the arse!!!

JJC and Badmon Thank this.
  4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Most likely the security guards are being the main aggression of drivers who sat for days waiting for a door. They need to put in the hauling contract that after 2 hr. wait that load will be taken to somewhere they want it..like the food bank.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Detention pay at least you would be making money and people usually respond when they are paying for something. If not it's easy money

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    My first question s when was the appointment? Did you arrive a day early? A day late? Or an hour early?

7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Use to deliver to the Deerfield Beach, Fl Publix D.C. Never recall any issues at that specific D.C.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Once or twice I have left to take care of the other stops.

Ooh the yelling started then.

And you wonder why I have had so many jobs LOLZ. The really bad places, I make sure that I am banned from on purpose so that it's out of my life on purpose. Never have to worry about that again ever.

JJC, Grouch and stillwurkin Thank this.
  9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    congratulations I think you have found the worst place to unload in the state of Florida and has to be in the top 10 in the country ... did a guy a favor and took about a half load in there got me right in a door and in just a matter of hours was unloaded .... around 9 I think ... and getting detention took about 6 months and then ended up only 185.00 Wich for an owner operator isn't crap .... but never again .... it is nice they hire mentally challenged people to be lumpers .. the place is a joke ... I have had multiple stop loads directly to stores and that's fine but not going to the DC any more

10. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Publix distribution centers (especially in Florida) are notorious for unloading issues,whether you’re early or on-time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.