pulled over with expired medical card.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by RoadRanger^^, Nov 5, 2022.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Every state is different but I would either take the med card paperwork to your states dmv in person and watch them enter it , or fax AND email AND snail mail it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I wouldn’t worry too much about it, probably just a fine.
    People worry about PSA and CSA points a lot more than I do. Unless it’s fixing to get bad enough that officials are fixing to show up at my place of business, or I’m about to get my DOT or CDL pulled, I don’t worry too much about it.

4. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    A couple of snafu's like this in a row, and that's exactly what's going to happen. "Your company has been selected for an audit". Ask me how I know.....

Siinman Thanks this.
  5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I've admittedly have had what could be considered serious violations throughout my time in a truck, but it's been spread out over 30 years. I've never gotten several in a short period of time, so I guess I've never been flagged for a visit.
    I've been audited for IRP and IFTA, but never a safety audit (I shouldn't even say that, now I'll get one).

6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    We had a driver come off vacation and forget to put 7 days “off duty” in his log book.

one OOS.

the next week, truck gets pulled in for a level 1, the day after coming out of the shop for its annual DOT, and they find a cracked rim on the trailer.

two OOS.

Three weeks later, after we put the driver on a logging app so he won’t forget to log his off duty days, the app yells “violation”, and he moves some stuff around to shut it up…. Which promptly gets caught in a level three. AND HE WAS LEGAL TO BEGIN WITH.

Three OOS.

And a safety auditor came to visit for four days two months later.

And that is why trucking company owners have nervous ticks and/or drinking habits.

48Packard and Hammer166 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.