purchased a headache rack today

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Ezrider_48501, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    well as a update i ended up buying a belly dump trailer, came across a deal i couldn't really pass up. its a 89 hawk eye it needs a wash but otherwise in good shape had it looked over by a mechanic its had some recent suspension work done on it, good tires breaks are 90% good tires. everything works properly. the mechanic looked over the frame closely everything checked out good. the guy was asking 15k for it played a little hard ball and walked away with it for $9000. got the in cab switches wired up today. the company im currently working for doesn't do any contract dirt work but said they have a project coming up where they want to expand there lot and could probably use the truck for a week or so coming up. witch would work out good for me as its coming into the off season for dirt so i plan to sit on it till spring but will get to make some money with it before then and haul some loads with it to work out any kinks i might run into before i actually put the truck to work.
    DSCI0046.jpg

p.s. i forgot to measure my u bolts for my headache rack today but the legs are probably about 4-5 inches thick plus your frame then your going to need a little longer for your bottom clamps and bolts. personally i would just buy the bolt kit from a dealer it will have everything you should need

MackDaddyMark Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.