Put OOS after level 1 inspection!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by walstib, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    OOS

is a KILLER to any company !!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Yes, but they're calling it tubing in this case. They did not call it hose, so I didnt go that direction. Many hose types certainly have internal chords that are colored, you are correct.

Tubing = rigid mount. Unless its coiled tubing, then its allowed to be used in certain flex areas. Tubing can also be classified two different ways; reinforced and non-reinforced. So it may or may not have internal wear indication. But, ALL tubing can certainly show wear through exterior tinct or tinge.

4. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    At greatwide.. We get 77 points and we go into a safety clinic... at 100 bye bye gone end of story. So you may want to get your facts straight.. You can say it is a wreck.. or it is 1 light 8 pts x3 for the first year.. Thats 24 pts. get 4 violations in a year 8 points with the 3 time multiplier you are real close to done with alot of companies.

5. Flyer

Flyer Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Could not agree with you more... the best way of avoiding any contact,conflict.

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Most of these people do not have a clue and think it is not a problem.

Employment is at will. The safety standard being busted by the CSA2010 is going to lead to employers dismissing drivers because of it. It will be because they are no longer qualified by the standards they have in place.

7. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother

You are correct and people are to stupid.. To read up on it and check out what they have on their record. Here is the problem we are all going to have to get over.. If you drop and hook a trailer.. Inspect it.. EVERYTHING. If a light is out DON'T MOVE IT. Call the company.. It is their responsibility.. If you are an owner operator (which I am) and your tractor has a problem get it fixed at the next place you can get to.. Carry extra bulbs, sealed lights glad hand gaskets brake chamber rubbers and make sure your log book is right..

If you don't have the parts for that trailer have the company call road service DON'T move it.Remember the second you move it their problem becomes your problem. I don't care if W/S, Werner or Greatwide go bankrupt due to road calls.Do you honestly believe they care about us.They will fire you in a heartbeat when you were trying to save them a dime.. Come on drivers wake up. It is time to do this LEGAL.. Let that freight sit.. Because the second you leave with it and Johnny Law stops you as you pull out of the yard to do a "quick" walk around and hears air coming around that glad hand gasket.. 8 points x 3 for a year. Right there.. Get it fixed is all I can say.

8. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I do and did check the trailer, I was never told of this part....And since you don't know what you don't know, how was I to know?...I still have yet to see even one person pre-trip this part...

Sidenote: Not one person I saw leave, I'll say again, NOT ONE person leaving the truck stop I was at last night do a pre-trip of any kind...I will watch tomorrow as well but I would put money on it it will be 1 or 2, IF that...IF you ask people, 'of course I do', just nobody you see...Ya'll take note around you and see how many you see do one...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    You new guys walked into an existing mess as W/S's Vehicle OOS(21%) and Vehicle Maintenance(68%) #s are quite high. So you guys are paying for the sins of the guys who came before you. With the rolling 24 month window it'll take a good while to lower those #s. And judging by the complaints about the trailers, it sounds like there are plenty of culprits still there to be weeded out.

10. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Well most companies have trailer issuse due to that fact that drivers can mess something up and then drop the trailer and never tell anyone, and companies hold on to these trailers as long as possible so theres lots of old trailers rolling around...

American Trucker

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Do you guys have to change trailers often? Must be pretty aggravating to let go of a good one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.