puzzled

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by newone, Feb 9, 2012.

1. newone

newone Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I have an 05 T800 had to have the air check valve under the petal replaced because it stuck and now the system will not hold air when the engine is off with in 8 to 10 hours it is at 0 air pressure. It has been back to the shop and they say that they can not find a leak and that this is o.k. not to worry about it . it never lost air before the valve was replaced and I don't see how this could be o.k. any advise

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckmechanic

truckmechanic Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi Desert Ca
    Small leaks can be a pain does the primary and secondary both lose air of just one chack the dash valves there common for leaking but I'm gonna say its most likely at the valve they replaced you can use soapy water in a spray bottle I like to use the bubble stuff that kids use to blow bubbles cheap and works great also check the drain valves at the air tanks might have one leaking after they drains the tanks does it bleed down with the trailer brakes set?maybe the checkvalve was not the problem

newone Thanks this.
  4. newone

newone Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2009
    both prime and secondary leak within 10 hours I can't get to the valve they replaced with out taking it apart it is behind petals and up under dash somewhere not sure how to get to it. it even does this not hooked to trailer.

5. truckmechanic

truckmechanic Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi Desert Ca
    If it was not doing it before the valve replacement I would check the drain valves and then the valve they replaced sounds kinda fishy they replaced the valve and now its losing air always go back to the last repair and just double check it they the valve must go to brake system because you are losing air from both primary and secendary do you know what they replaced exactly?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.