QCD/ GSF Questions

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by New2Trucking2017, Aug 8, 2017.

1. New2Trucking2017

New2Trucking2017 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Raleigh Nc
    In the process of getting hired on threw QCD for there driver training until I get my experience. How much can I look forward to making? And are they paid weekly or bi-weekly?And I love the work 4 off 3 days with this company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Here in socal they (gsf) does mcdoanlds and qcd does chipotle. Mcdonalds is pallet drap and chipotle you hand truck it in. The new guys get the chipotle runs obviously

New2Trucking2017 Thanks this.
  4. New2Trucking2017

Jan 12, 2017
    Raleigh Nc
    Thanks are we paid weekly or bi-weekly?

5. hot.hogs

hot.hogs Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    PNW
    Im recently started with QCD. its weekly pay here. I too was pleased with the "advertised" 4 on/ 3 off schedule. however, be prepared to work more than that. lots more. On my 8th week here and havent seen 3 days off in a row yet. had a few 2 day weekends but majority of its been 6 on/ 1 off due to shortage of drivers and routes needing covered.

6. New2Trucking2017

Jan 12, 2017
    Raleigh Nc
    Thanks for the info I'll be working out of the one in charlotte NYC after I get finished with background check and stuff! I'll be in the driver training program so I might get days off either way it don't matter I'm ready to work lol

7. hot.hogs

hot.hogs Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    PNW
    It's not a bad company. I'm enjoying my time here. At least here at my location I don't hear complaining everyday from drivers like I've heard at other companies. Everyone seems pretty happy, I was the first new hire since late last year so guys that can tough it out stick around a while.

8. New2Trucking2017

Jan 12, 2017
    Raleigh Nc
    One last question how long did the hiring process take? it's been 5fays so far for me with just the background check. I haven't did my drug test and physical yet until background comes back. And how much is orientation pay?

9. hot.hogs

hot.hogs Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    PNW
    From first contact on the phone and sending in my resume to coming in for orientation/paperwork was about 4 weeks. Not sure about orientation pay, I literally sat and watched the videos for a while then signed paperwork. Maybe 2 hours at most. I counted that as pre hire "free time" and never looked to see if I got paid for it.

10. surfgod83

surfgod83 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Are the trucks automatics or manuals?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.