Quad Graphics Effingham, IL

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by RedBird, Mar 3, 2011.

1. RedBird

RedBird Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Chicago Far West Suburbs
    A few years back, my boss calls me and send me down for a rush load of some printed material at Quad Graphics plant in Effingham, IL and take it to one of the major credit cards DC in South Bend, IN. I DH down from Chicago suburbs, load was supposed to be ready upon arrival, by 2100 I get there around 2200 checked in with Shipping and the order was never run, so third shift is gonna start. I went over to the "J" got me some dinner come back around 2330 and the order still ain't ready and I need to be in South Bend by 0600. By 2400 load still ain't ready, by 0145 they load me and I'm off.........Biggest, slowest, dumbest MF's I have ever dealt with and I never got detention pay! Explains why I don't drive for the company anymore!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Thanks for sharing. Situations like this happen to hundreds of truck drivers everyday. Most of the time others never have any concideration for the truck driver. Our time seems to be of less value than others.

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    The problem for places like that is they don't make sure things are running before they order the truck. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with the printing process that causes delays.

If ya order the truck before you start running the print job, you darn well better pay detention!

5. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    Maybe they had eaten too much effing ham.

6. Polky55

Polky55 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Galion, OH
    Bottom line....poor management from the shipping company.

7. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    i used to make many pick ups at a company named Quad Graphics as well here in MASS and CT....loads were always ready...and then they had to get to Richmond, VA to the cigarette makers...it was their printed catalogs for the Marlboro cigs, and those cardboard A-frame posters you would see on the sales counters....

never had a problem, and that is even IF it is THE same company....

is this the company you speak of...http://www.qg.com/

8. joplinlocal

joplinlocal Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    I worked for a local printing company for quite a few years. They had major scheduling problems and nothing ran when it was suppose to. One of management's "games" was to consider a load "shipped" when an ordered truck pulled into a dock to load. Might take a day or two to actually get the product made and get the driver loaded and on their way... but at least they could tell complaining customers that their loads "shipped". Truck lines that didn't pay detention were always preferred.

9. ProPilot

ProPilot Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    In my truck.....
    I've picked up several QG loads and they have always been overweight - and it's like pulling teeth to get them to adjust it - cutting anything? Forget it.

Didn't matter if I showed up on fumes - loads were still overweight...

10. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    You big baby , we used to wait 24 hrs for produce fron Mexico in Yuma and Nogales and we didnt have AC. Shut up.

11. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America

:biggrin_25512: Thats a bad pun... lol.... :violent3::smt066

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.