Qualcomm driver login

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by jimjam38, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Our fleet runs the Qualcomm mcp 100 I believe (slide out keyboard)
    Anyway, on the home screen you have the driver login logout button. When logged in you can add a driver and make a driver the active or inactive driver. I had been making myself inactive for the fact if the shop pulled my truck in and I was still logged in, it supposedly adds to my driving time, although the speed limit in the yard is 10 mph and the mechanic bay is maybe 500 yards away from my parking spot. Ours are setup to kick you onto drive if the speed exceeds 22 mph or the truck records 2 miles traveled. In this instance, this shouldn't happen if the mechanics pulling the truck around are following the rules. Needless to say I go inactive just in case they have to take the truck out onto the road to test something. My question is, if I went inactive on my truck then had to take another truck out, I should be able to login to the second truck and proceed as normal or does it require a complete logout? I think it wouldn't be an issue however I am working with office staff who sometimes act like this computer stuff is sorcery sent by the devil himself. Opinions on this? Would my scenario work?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    If you had to leave your original truck for another, you'd have to log out of the other first. If you don't you will run into a couple hundred problems. Just my two cents. Also if my truck is in the shop or I'm not in said truck at teh terminal, I sign in as "off duty" until further notice. If I'm asleep in the truck, I go sleeper. It doesn't effect my hours any.

4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I picked up my company truck from a dealership for repairs. after being put up in a hotel for 1 night, I got in my newly repaired truck and found out I was almost out driving hours! Mechanics had done a test drive, drove over 25mph and didn't log the Qualcomm back into off duty status. So on duty just ticked away the rest of that day..I guess it never crossed my mind to log myself out of the Qualcomm altogether. Next time I will do that.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If you log out of a Qualcomm while you’re logged “on duty”
    When you log back into the Qualcomm days later ..., will it log all that time on duty or off duty?

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    When you log back in it will ask you if the hours on the QC are yours. Answer no. After you log in it will put you on duty. Immediately change as required.

The method to prevent any problems is first approve your logs which removes every record. You have to change your status first, approve logs and then immediately change to off duty then log out of the truck/Qualcomm. No one else can log you in without your driver id and password.

Frank

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Reason for edit: Added details.
    25(2)+2, tucker and IluvCATS Thank this.
  7. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Your ELD admin can easily change it so that the driving movements were not associated to YOU if your forget to change to Off-Duty. Then you will have your correct hours back. The same applies if you go on 30-minute break stopped at a truck stop for example. You go inside but you forgot to go to line 1 in the truck. If you are the Admin, you can reassign that 30 minutes to "Off-Duty." If you are not the admin then your admin can fix it and you can get going with your break now satisfied.

tucker Thanks this.
  8. Bwbibb

Bwbibb Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2016
    When ever there is even the remote chance of someone else in control of the truck you need to logout. No big deal that way boom no unexpected problems

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.