Qualcomm-how to hide from big brother?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by BearGator56, Jul 27, 2006.

1. guinea pig

guinea pig Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Lafayette,Ga
    hey mikroos5, any way you can describe in detail how to do this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rattlebunny

Rattlebunny Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Elkton, VA
    Hey, last time I went to a QC repair place I asked the tech that was there if any of this would work. He said that it would on the older ones, but the newer ones that were coming out soon (windows based) log everything. If you company suspects you're tampering all they have to do is query the system and get a trouble code log from your truck. It will show signal loss, system resets, shorts, you name it.

Better off junking it if you can and doing without. If you can't, don't muck about with it. You will get caught.

4. bigrigdriver229

bigrigdriver229 Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    do it with the Heavy duty aliminum foil and cover that with a heavy duty shower cap. so wind dont rip the foil and eye in the sky dont see you. what i'd like to know is how your gonna explain from that last stop to wherever your going to get the next load say 500 miles away. thats along way from where you dropped off..... I used the foil trick when only needed to go like 25 miles or so and back...... and then id get the question why the extra miles... (an accident ,I had to reroute out of the way).........LOL

5. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    just make sure it's the correct thickness and has the proper angled deflection on the folds.. :biggrin_255::biggrin_2559:
    http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

6. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Lord Qualcomm, mighty overseer of the ionosphere, sees all things.. resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

7. hwydrifter

hwydrifter Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Waupaca, WI
    qualcomm also tracks the mileage.. it will show the gaps in mileage and with the fed dot wanting to make company's keep records of gps tracks in the near future it would be a wise idea not to do such a thing another thing to look at is who pays the insurance for the truck.. if its yourself does the company your leased with get a group rate for being under there insurance

8. 2sN5s

2sN5s Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    The Bronx NY
    I'm by no means an expert but here was my technique:
    I would turn off the truck unhook the batteries, then unplug the dome both plugs, shower cap and tin foil the dome trick. Keep in mind that if you completely fudge the Qualcomm, they still plug up to the truck's computer. An extreme step is to take a straight pin and push it thru a cable, snip off the excess pin flush with the jacket of the cable and rub black shoe polish over the spot. This shorts outs the cable and makes it difficult to spot the tampered spot. DISCLAIMER: Qualcomm is a multi-million dollar corporation, with millions of dollars of technology, and in some cases so are these trucking companies, don't for a second that $10 worth of duct tape and aluminum foil can get over on that millions of dollars of technology! Eventually you will get called out on it and when you do, do your best to make it look like equipment failure.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  9. ShadowRider

ShadowRider Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Ohio
    So tin foil will not mask the transmitting and receiving dome. Sorry, to inform you but it will. I've been into electronic's for more than 30 years and yes, tin foil will mask the antenna/dome so no signal can be transmitted or received. If you think this will not work, what makes you believe a 4 cent straight pin will overcome millions of dollars of technology? I have worked on some of the largest radar systems in the military and what do you think fighter aircraft use to mask their signature? I'll let you ponder that question!!!

10. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

A shower cap ????

11. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I have an idea, why not read the contract you signed and honor it? If you can do it according to your contract then have at it. If it goes against what you signed, then do what you agreed to and not cheat!
    Honor is more important and more valuable than money!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.