Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Eggroll'n Trucker, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Eggroll'n Trucker

Eggroll'n Trucker Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2018

That is a great idea, however terminal 155 does mostly local and 1 night out and back loads. I'll be the first otr driver there so my pay might be higher. I spoke to the terminal manager and he said his driver's gross $850-1300 wk but that's local stuff. So I'll be otr and he wasn't too sure in my numbers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Those are sad numbers for local.
    Is 155 corporate?
    Where is term 155

4. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    River falls, alabama. I believe it is a a corporate terminal. It's listed as one in the QC website.

Was told 45cpm. Loaded 40cpm. Seems pretty low for being otr tanking.

I currently gross 5-6.5k gross monthly so was thinking tanking would be better.

5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    So I will sound stupid but I'm going to ask it anyway. Is an affiliate terminal something similar to a franchise?

Eggroll'n Trucker and slim shady Thank this.
  6. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    Yes from my understanding.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Yup.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas

Ask them about what else they pay or don't pay for. Things like pay for pump or air off loads, load/unload pay, demurrage (how many hours free time), extra pay if you do a 34hr reset on the road.
    These things can add up and make a difference and are things you should know going in. Good luck..

9. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    Yeah I asked about accessorial pay. This is what they sent.

Attached Files:

slim shady Thanks this.
  10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Craigslist, just went thru it Just for the hell of it. But found out
    Up here QC has bunk pay, I never got that and hourly for most everything not driving.
    Edit, just seen your attachment

Eggroll'n Trucker Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

QC is headquartered out of Tampa, FL but it operates as a hundred or so terminals. I am told the work conditions vary tremendously from terminal to terminal. I work on a dedicated account from the Nashville, TN terminal. Our pay is 49/39 cents per mile loaded/unloaded. We only pull hazmat for one customer to wherever those customers are located. The vast majority of our work if back and forth to Charlotte and Charleston with regular trips to PA near Youngstown, OH. Then we have several regular warm weather customers out West.

You need to talk to drivers at the particular terminal you will be working out of. A few years ago the main company started buying up "affiliated terminals" which means bringing them back inside the company which standardized certain things at those terminals. I was told you want to work at QC terminals and not affiliated terminals. But I don't know any details.

I like the company, but I only see my tiny part of it. Our terminal is a new terminal with new automatic Freightliners that are pretty nice with free satellite TV, ELDs, and PeopleNet which is kind of like Qualcomm. I would go to the main web site and search for the dropdown list of terminals. Then I would call the 800 number and get the local number for the terminal manager at whatever terminal you are interested in working at. Get the terminal manager to have a driver at the terminal contact you so you can ask questions. I don't have any real complaints. But I only see one terminal out of the company, so you need more info than I can provide.

OV1D, Bud A. and Eggroll'n Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.