Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Caterpillar6nz, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Caterpillar6nz

Caterpillar6nz Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    I am looking to make a jump over to quality carriers as a company driver here in the northeast doing regional otr. I was hoping to hear from other company guys on how they treat you? And if there is forced routing and forced fueling? Meaning they tell you the route your going to take, and where to stop and grab fuel.

Thank you for your time and stay safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I work for a terminal down South. I was told fuel anywhere but TA. They pay you whatever miles they pay for the trip but the route is your call. A lot of QC decisions are left to the terminal manager. I haven't heard a peep from the company about my fueling or my routes. Make your appointments.

slim shady Thanks this.
  4. Caterpillar6nz

Jan 11, 2018
    Thank you very much for your reply sir...sounds like a good deal. Over all are you happy with them? I am looking to pull tanks because I think it’s a place where you can get some serious miles. How has the mileage been for you?

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    It's not always about getting miles. If you're with the right tank outfit, you should be running less miles and making more $$$.

6. Caterpillar6nz

Jan 11, 2018
    That sounds even better, thanks for the reply I am really looking forward to driving tanks. I think it the challenge is there and you get to see some pretty neat things looking forward to it definitely.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you are asking me, i seldom get 2k miles. 1500 miles is heavier than normal. I'm on a dedicated account so that is probably different than what a normal OTR driver gets. I typically do an out & back trip, get a day off then do another out & back, wash, rinse, repeat.

hey_serg Thanks this.
  8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I'm out of the northeast I had to complain alot and breakdown my #'s handed to the terminal manager and explain why I couldn't haul some loads, my pay per mile went from a awful 1.59 before fuel surcharge to a decent 2.23 per mile before fuel surcharge, its crazy the amount of work they have. now I only haul invigorate out of this area (bayonne,nj is the only place that produces it east of the Mississippi)

9. TommyTrucker88

TommyTrucker88 Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2016
    POCONOS, PA
    I am thinking of working for them and was offered a % pay per load as a regional otr driver 3-5 days out and 2 at home. Average was 1100 and top was 1500 a week.
    Still not sure if I want to join them since I heard two sides about them.
    4 days in class in Baltimore for training on tankers and then 5 days with a trainer then solo.

10. hey_serg

hey_serg Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2018

11. hey_serg

hey_serg Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.