Quality Drivers Training Program at Celadon

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by Backwater13, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Spm

Spm Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2014
    I didn't see your thread in the trucking school forum, unless it is the one asking about clothing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dumbolnd

dumbolnd Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Indiana
    I edited a link into my previous post.

Spm Thanks this.
  4. Spm

Spm Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Thanks! ......

dumbolnd Thanks this.
  5. JRay

JRay Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Indiana
    So I leave for Quality Drivers May 8th to start training for my CDL A. Any one that has went threw the program have any advise?

And is there any place that will help me start to study for the tests before I leave just to try and get slight head start on every thing?

6. dumbolnd

dumbolnd Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Indiana
    JRay,
    I assume you will be going to the Indy school on June 8? I used the cdl practice tests that are available on this site. If you find me on Monday, I can get you my study guides. If you ask someone that has been there more than a week or two who Red is, they should be able to point me out.

7. JRay

JRay Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Indiana
    LOL yea sorry mixed up my months guess I still think I am in last month.And thank you dumbolnd I look forward to seeing you ether Sunday when I get there or sometime Monday.

dumbolnd Thanks this.
  8. sonex7

sonex7 Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2014
    laguna niguel, california
    Start studying for Indiana driver license written test and the knowledge, air break and combination vehicles. These are the required tests for the CDL plus any endorsements if you choose. The school is good and facilities are also very good.

dumbolnd Thanks this.
  9. isaiahjw

isaiahjw Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Las Vegas NV
    Quick overview of my experience
    I have came to Quality Drivers Training School partnered with Celadon Trucking. It has been a great experience but be prepared to stay longer than 3 to 4 weeks. Don't get discouraged if your not out because if you look at it is hard to drive a truck if you never knew how to drive it before.If you are really willing to learn and to be open you can be done and completed in 6-8 weeks which is great timing to obtain your Commercial Drivers Licenses in the state of Indiana or anywhere else. They are looking for if you can keep your commitment to Celadon I think it really is a test because it weeds out the once whom aren't that serious. We do have the best trainers and office staff. You might view as each class coming in as more students adding towards you not getting your license but that is not the case, there are students that during the training week 1 and week 2 figure out that driving is not for them, not career field they want, fail test due to not studying and applying themselves, failing drug test(you are a dummy if you try to get a job anywhere this is expected its easy to stay away from this in the trucking industry because as you learn you mess up with drugs or drinking your gonna be in the unemployment line, fined, jail time, plus risking your life and other on the road, so if you need to do this don't waste your time and going to any job.

Come here like it's an on-the job training before you go out by yourself. Just like a Doctor, Social Worker, Case Manager, Pastors, and etc.

Here is what to expect:
    You arrive on a Saturday or Sunday
    Class Starts that Monday

Day 1- show paperwork
    have license, original birth certificate, social security card, 2 forms of proof of residency in your home state (bills, bank ~statement, car insurance policy, etc, if married you need your marriage certificate original. if a female
    ~sign contract- which states you will stay with Celadon for a 6 months or a year
    Start going over the manual

After you get your binder keep all the things listed above in our binders which includes a pen, highlighter, drivers manual, CDL Manual, Test (you take with class instructor) carry until you get your permit which you need to pass test then you really dont need it that much

Day 2 continue going over the manual, DOT Physical

Day 3 Start testing at the Quality Drivers Building for the Operators License(state of Indiana), General Knowledge, Combination, and Air Brakes, then go onto your endorsements, DOT Physical

Day 4 if you didn't pass your test you will continue to test/ if you have start going over your in-cab inspection and 4 point brake test.
    Day 5 same as 4

Saturday/Sunday off

Make Sure you carry your License, Permit, and DOT Physical Card- A must if you don't have a smart phone it is likely to continue to carry the binder so you can keep the pre-trip paperwork, straight backing, offset, parallel parking in it with a pen and paper to take notes from your driving instructor/range instructor

After completion of your permit you will then
    Monday Morning to the end of your training your required to be at roll call by 8:00 am Sharp if your name is called and your not their you get a late or absent.

This time you should be working on your in-cab inspection, pre-trip around outside of vehicle, and 4 point brake test
    Best time to work on this is not when on the road driving or on range. (i made the mistake of waiting towards the end of my training and then got caught up trying to learn the hardest part to me which is the fifth wheel component)

Range time is listed on white board in gave everyday (will learn how to straight-back, off-set, parallel parking)
    Drive time- 1st time out 4 point and In Cab will be demo then after that you must do it in order to drive.

Then as you get 4/5 on drive time you will be moved up

Just really so progress if you show them your learning and getting it you will be all set.

Again great school just have patience, don't get discourages, great pay in the long run but now you will have to put in our time.

So here is a question: Would you pay now and play later or play now and pay later? I ask this question because you need to come here with your priorities in line. Don't go to any trucking school and expect to date someone and inappropriate actions. You come here so you dont live paycheck to paycheck which is the schools motto and on our trucks. So come here in our right mind of obtaining your cdl not getting sent home due to the fact you don't have it in order and looking for fun because I tell you, you will not make it here. Do your work now so down the road you can make 75,000 to 100,000, then you can play all you want too

Steps After Obtaining CDL:
    1. Complete Celadon Road Test/90/Night Drive(Quality Drivers)
    2. Go to Orientation for Three Days
    3. Pick out Driver Trainer for 3-6 weeks have to have 4,000 miles by yourself then your in team status for 8,000 miles which is a total of 12,000 miles, which the rate you will be paid is $0.18 a mile. which isn't bad at all
    4. Then come back to Celadon get your a road/team partner and hit the road for 6 months 120,000 or 1 year 240,000.
    5. Then get your completion certificate by Quality Drivers because you have completed your training in full and completed your contract.

dumbolnd Thanks this.
  10. JRay

JRay Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    Indiana
    Well said.I am fixing to test out Friday and the last 6 weeks I have been here I have seen a lot of people come and go cause they are not wanting to take serious.Then there are a lot of women here that even if they are married they think just cause there at trucking school it gives them a free pass to be a ho.

11. jeffo51

jeffo51 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I can't beleave that you feel that .18 a mile is acceptable for anyone to drive an 18 wheeler at any level of experience. That is completely unacceptable and an insult to all drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.