Quality leasing?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wanderer1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. cnote

cnote Bobtail Member

May 30, 2011
    glen spey ny
    loke, do you have an e-mail?

OONewbie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012

At at three runs a week that sounds pretty #### good!

OONewbie Thanks this.
  4. bill3_us

bill3_us Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Benton,ky
    Hey cnote, I start Mon. the 30th in Butler.. I was told by the recruiter they only have Lonestars, so they do have other makes and models there? What's your weekly settlement , if you don't mind me asking. Do the trailers have bulkhead rack or is that a headache rack on the tractor? Is it one side box or two? Also, just updated my DOT physical a wk ago, will I have to do a full physical there or just drug screen? Appreciate any and al answers!

OONewbie Thanks this.
  5. cnote

cnote Bobtail Member

May 30, 2011
    glen spey ny
    bill,they have lonestars 389 petes and w900, all with 3 door enclosed chain box and 2 side boxes. trailers are 53' benson with a toolbox and a 8' dunnage rack. your dot physical will be good, just bring the long form. you will have to do the drug screen . w900 does not have an epu or apu. they put you up in a nice hotel and feed you good. I you want go to the eagle logistics thread for more info....good luck

OONewbie and bill3_us Thank this.
  6. bill3_us

bill3_us Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Benton,ky
    Thanks cnote, I'll catch up on the other thread. Wish I knew I was going to change comp. I would have waited on physical. That ded. Run sounds good, be nice knowing where and how much it was going to cost.

OONewbie Thanks this.
  7. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    I too am curious about Quality Leasing Program ? I am approved with Lone Mountain Trucks & Crestco Capital, but the ZERO down option is appealing? How hard is it to get approved to lease a truck from Quality and take it on with another carrier ? "Yes, I already called them, the co. I am signing on with is on their approved company list"

What type of payments are we looking at, can we pick from new or used ? and do they get the settlements before you do as some L/P financiers do ? Any other information that you guys that are actually leasing from quality would be great

8. MiracleTransport30

MiracleTransport30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Moss Point, MS
    You are better off staying away from QUALITY...

OONewbie Thanks this.
  9. MiracleTransport30

MiracleTransport30 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Moss Point, MS
    Why on earth would you go to Quality if you got approved with Lone Mountain? Lone Mountain is the better choice. I've had four trucks with Quality, THEY SUCK. If you want to go to a different carrier, do it before you do it with another, you will have a hard time switching. My advice, DO NOT LEASE WITH THEM.

ssgstriker and OONewbie Thank this.
  10. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    I appreciate the advice.. I hit a road block with the finance manager in lone mountain..

let me ask you guys this... You have strong words of advice about staying away from quality, but why? can you give me some info on your reasons?

I was under the impression it was a walk away lease ? I just gotta get some miles under mile belt for 3-6 months and Lone Mountain will work with me again... I may even be able to resolve the issue with Lone Mountain before I goto orientation next month, but I have to explore other options just to be safe.. and I'm not considering another carrier at all .. I've been approved to go on with both landstar and mercer , i've chosen to go with Mercer..

needless to say if my credit was on par or I had 50grand I would just go through traditional financing, that's why I was going with Lone Mountain, they have a straight up program... MY Thought was to go with quality for 3-6 months and walk away from the truck then go with Lone....

Anyway, some INFO as to why not to go with Quality would be great OTHER THAN stay away... I see people say that alot about trucking companies too and most of the time they are right while others are happy..

thanks

TrknAMB, $lim and Rafa_Juli Thank this.
  11. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    Quality is one of the worst ways to finance a truck! Look at all the paperwork. You pay an unbelievable amount for a used truck and never have your name on the title till it is paid off. They were selling $48,000 MaxxForce ProStars for well over $80k after all payments. Most guys wind up renting their trucks only to go broke and turn them back in. Try calling them and ask some questions. See what you get as a response on the phone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.