Quality leasing?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wanderer1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    I'm just going by what DOT told me on the phone after turning in my paperwork. Doesn't really matter to me either way because I love ELOGS. takes the pain out for me of figuring my hours and etc.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Its good your getting a head start on them.

4. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    I think everybody might get a shock if the OOIDA wins the lawsuit and beats the Elog mandate like they did the last time.

5. Frederick ward

Frederick ward Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Can anyone tell me how Jones Motor. Are they a good company 2 work 4. Any money 2b made. Thinking of running van or reefer

6. foglinebandit

foglinebandit Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Hamilton in
    Went there to look and it's a bait and switch scam. They say they have thousands of trucks but when you get there they give you a list of about 100 trucks to choose from and 90% of them are older celadon of lease beat up junk trucks. If you don't want one of those they completely ignore you to the point of being rude. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

7. foglinebandit

foglinebandit Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Hamilton in
    That's a lie. So your home work before you post. We have 25 trucks and paper logs.

8. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    The mandate doesn't go into effect until 2017, maybe you need to do some homework. Also as far as I know there is all trucks will need them except a small few. Example 99 and older , short haul exemption and a few others.

9. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    as I stated this is what I was told when I turned in my paperwork to get my own authority. Frankly I don't really care about the Federal mandate because I much prefer the Elogs over paper personally. I spoke with Officer Nolstor with the DOT in KY and she is the one that told me about the elogs and paper logs thing. Everything I posted was off what " She told me when I was trying to obtain my own authority IE: my own DOT number for those who are new.

Another reason that I am no longer worried or care is because my plans have changed. for the type of business I am now currently running I am not required to carry logs. as long as I write down the addresses of the places I drive to and from I am safe.

10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Your MC number is your authority. You can have a DOT number and not have authority. In fact some states require you to have a DOT number in order to apply for a title to a CMV (Georgia for example).

Your MC number is the point of reference for your liability insurance, your safety program officer(s) and records, and your drug testing program and records. It also is the point of reference for a physical address where you or your company can be served if someone wants to sue you.

wolf98 and thaistick Thank this.
  11. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    I was given misleading info on this then. What else is new for DOT to tell someone incorrect info. arrrgggghhh.

thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.