quality leasing

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dashaker, May 16, 2016.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. ChuckTaylor13

ChuckTaylor13 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2016
    What new trucks do they have available?

Md420 Thanks this.
  3. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    You can go online and look at thier inventory. Basicly everything but no mack's or western stars, and the only square/long nose they do are w900's

4. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    I was thinking of doing the same thing, already approved through Lone Mountain but want to see the numbers I pull in the first few months. That's why I'm considering Quality. If everything adds up then I'll turn the truck in and bring in mine.

Md420 Thanks this.
  5. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    I plan on doing the same in August. They actually have a few 06 colombia's with 12.7's and they are around $1300 a month

I dont want or need shiny and new plus I can stay away from dpf/def systems.

6. ChuckTaylor13

Apr 5, 2016
    Exactly, if it's a straight walk away lease......then it's not bad to run for a couple of months.....see how much you're making and take it from there. No money up front. If the numbers look good, turn it in and get yours.

Green_20 and Md420 Thank this.
  7. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Hell if the money looks good may stick with it. Ultimately for me its about pay so if I make decent with the truck payment just stick it out

8. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    I know someone from my CDL school a couple years ago who just got her truck from them brand new. I have heard, read and talked to a lot of drivers with mixed feelings. I have heard more negative then positive. Then again, most of these people ended up going with your larger carrier which in sense don't really pay great. They also always chose crappy used equipment instead of just getting something new out right to avoid any major issues. I hear that Quality is in fact no part of Celadon at all now? Is this true? Can anyone confirm? Their lease is also still walk away correct? Also, do they only have two locations now being Indy and Texas?

She said she saw a 389 peterbilt when she was there, but I think she mistook it for a KW w900. I have had mixed feelings about leasing, but here as of recently I am having a change of heart due to it still being a walk away lease program. I also have experience under my belt now. I also have family who've got a truck else where and have paid two off already. I plan on checking them out or finding a carrier that will pay great, has a load board option so I can stay out of the NE. From the company my friend spoke of, she can make anywhere from 2500-4k per load pulling reefer. Obviously, you do sit more because its appointment only and all of that, but the company she is with has some pretty good long runs etc. She gets to come home for a week at a time an such. Apparently, I can make bank due to not having kids, rent and all of that.

I'm not too sure how this process even works. Do you go to quality first in order to find a carrier to get on with and then choose your truck or is it the other way around? Do you get to spec your own truck out with options an such as well? I have heard many things such as, you can only choose whats on their lot, most of the stuff is already taken an such. I am interested in a W900 KW, 389 Pete if they have them or for something more fuel efficient like a t680KW (Brand New). I'd rather blow money on a blown tire then something more mechanically screw with the engine or other bull crap that could be avoid at the start to make and bank as much money as possible. I have a 666 Credit Score and a decent size car loan taken out right now with 24k left on it. Will that affect me any you think? Oh and I also hear that what the inventory on their website says is not all that accurate. One more thing, do they have 10sp/13sp/18sp trucks? I heard lots of auto's from my friend, but no thanks!!!! :)

9. Jack Hustle

Jack Hustle Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Quality is crooked as the letter S. I leased through them for a year and some change with forward air all was fine. I wanted to change companies to get better home time with Cardinal. I needed to get the A/C fixed so i sat a little longer than expected but i kept in contact with them to keep them and informed Bre the (person in payments) that i would be up that following Wednesday to sign the new contract and she said that would be fine and she wouldnotify the account manager Steve Dix. Well that was a lie because not even 2 days later they repoed my truck from Cardinals yard without any notice. So once i found what actuallyhappened and drove up to Indianapolis only to find out that ALL my valuables were stolen by shady repo men (so they say). Tools, powerinverters, tv & dvd player, movies EVERYTHING. I was devastated notonly did you show any interest in meas a client but just said F you as aperson. They will never get any of mybusiness ever or anyone i know!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.