Quest Global

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Whiteline64, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    After leaving PAM, and after being employed by a small company that had terrible issues, and 1 owner op that was clueless as to how trucking works, we decided to roll the dice on Quest.
    The key issue we had was my wife's lack of experience. But that was not an issue here. I have read some posts about this company, and I can't see them as being anywhere near truthful. I will not mince words with anyone about them or my post.
    First off, orientation was a breeze. Really friendly and honest people here. They are helpful, and very open with you. The hotel was beyond great. No complaints there. You want an inverter ? They install it , no issues. They really do try to work with you on your needs.
    It's a company made by and for drivers, with office personnel and dispatchers that were drivers. So, you don't have to worry that the person you rely on is clueless as to what you go through on a daily basis. There is lots of freight here, long runs for teams, and a flexible home time policy.
    How do I know they are good ? Return drivers, that says a lot. So, off we go to CA, will keep you posted if there is more interest in the company.
    And yes, E LOGS, Automatic trucks, all well taken care of.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cjayn

Cjayn Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Phoenix
    Been with them for 7 months...same scenario......we felt the same way fresh out of orientation....they say give us 6 months and we did......Love our DM but the size of this company can either be a plus or big minus...they say they have a lot of freight but yet you sit, there are no teams left that we met in orientation.....our days are numbered

4. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Really ? Been preplanned 2x already. Doing the CA ping pong express.

bethcates Thanks this.
  5. Cjayn

Cjayn Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Phoenix

6. Cjayn

Cjayn Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Phoenix
    We did to in the begining.....they are short on drivers so that's good news for you!

Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  7. Cjayn

Cjayn Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Phoenix
    The swaps to get teams home gets old when you go out of your way to help a team out then have to sit for 8 hrs waiting for them too catch up with you just to find out they weren't going home. Lies no communication fuel cards not working sitting at shippers for hrs then having to get reworked! Loads being pulled for no reason. Talked to some seasoned employees and the only thing in their favor is home time. Good luck I wish you well

Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  8. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    No such thing as a perfect company . I have worked at enough to know that this industry is severely flawed. Been with enough owner ops to know that many just want a slave and someone to rip off and abuse. The vibe I got here is something I have not seen in 16 years. I hope it stays this way. So far, very friendly people here, met some very happy drivers also. So far, 2 CA trips on the third and heading for a 4th .
    The trucks are decent, wife is happy with our DM, I know all about the honeymoon period, I just hope it stays this way.

bethcates and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TWT Refrigerated Service pays teams .60 cpm split. Tripac APU's.
    Tribe Transport runs teams and trucks have Tripac APU's.
    Old Dominion pays teams more that TWT does, but don't know the exact amount.

Cjayn, Barbee's Girl and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  10. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    I talked to a husband part of a hubby/wife team with Quest a while back and they were happy as clams. Had nothing but good things to say about the company and their earnings.

CharlieMcQueen85 and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I've been in this business a long time, and an odd thing I've learned is ... when the trucks/trailers that you used to see were mostly clean and sharp looking, then in a short period of time, you begin to notice that every single truck you meet has 4+ months of dirt and grime and generally looks filthy, something is wrong at the company. Either they are about to fail (insufficient cash flow and regular washes are the first to go), or they are about to join the CRST's of the world and become another has-been "good company", and assumed the role of another mega carrier hauling "hot freight" for peanuts, and hoping someone (CRST?) will come along and save them from themselves.

Well, pay attention. Do you now see what I've been noticing lately regarding the Quest Global equipment the past several months? (non-winter months) Maybe it's just me but I've got a pretty good track record over the last 30 years watching and forecasting the rise and falls [and merges] of trucking companies. I'll probably catch a lot of flack over this post. Because if you know me, you know I call it as I see it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.