Question about FFE Drop n Hook, Unloading, and Multiple Stop Loads

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by texasbigbird54, Aug 18, 2013.

1. texasbigbird54

texasbigbird54 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Uvalde, TX
    I have read and heard that FFE does drop and hook, has to sometimes unload, and also sometimes have loads that require multiple stops like LTL. Can some of you FFE drivers inform us newbies about to join the Academy about how much of each you experience? Thanks.

2. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Drop and hook meat loads more than anything else. Have never unloaded anything. I'm a driver not a lumper. Every so often you will have a load with an extra stop or two. You get paid a couple bucks more for the stop.

texasbigbird54 Thanks this.
  3. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    For whatever reason lately I have been assigned loads with multiple stops. These tend to be more profitable for me. I don't mind making the extra money. The only downside is falling behind appointment times due to receivers taking their sweet time unloading me.

I've done lots of drop and hooks, all for Cargill. Coincidentally all of my multiple stop loads have originated at Cargill.

I've never had to unload but I have friends who have. The driver unloads happen at prisons where the work crew prisoners are not permitted to enter the trailer.

texasbigbird54 Thanks this.
  4. texasbigbird54

texasbigbird54 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Uvalde, TX
    So basically, the vast majority is no touch freight. Not really a big deal for me anyway as I unloaded reefers and dry grocery vans daily for several Walmart Supercenters as a grocery manager or associate for almost nine years. Only problem was when the shrink wrapped pallets collapse and you have to break them down and restack them on another pallet to get them out of the truck.

5. Anthony921

Anthony921 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I have broke down pallets before also

• Draft saved Draft deleted