Question about no forced dispatch.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Savior Prime, Feb 17, 2020.

1. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Chicago isn't bad at all, if you use the Chicago routing line phone number. I picked up inside Chicago and outside. I would rather do that than NYC or Detroit.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And there are those of us who don't know any better having gone into NYC since early days of trucking. They should hire me at a premium instead.

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    If they're paying you as a 1099 contractor, then they can't make you do anything. To do so would mean that you're an employee , which makes them responsible for the tax liability and any benefits due.

What does your contract state?

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The thing about these walk away leases is that both parties can probably walk away if they wish. I’m guessing if you turn down enough loads they’ll just get rid of you.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I think it is important to recognize there is a bit of a difference between a refusal from time to time and a clear refusal AT ANYTIME to enter an area. The carrier has you under contract, that contract should have the terms spelled out. You are running under their numbers. They have customers that need the freight hauled. If your refusal means a load does not get picked up and/or delivered on time it is a carrier service failure. As an OO you won't get by doing these continued refusals for long. As I said in my first comment if that carrier has the Chicago area in their traffic lanes YOU will be required to make pickups and deliveries, OR you will at some point have your contract torn up.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.