Question about orientation as a somewhat experienced driver

Discussion in 'Swift' started by cmarona463, Jul 31, 2017.

1. cmarona463

cmarona463 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Pinson, AL
    I got my Class A with Swift back in May 2014, then stayed with them until February of 2015. A total of 9 months driving Otr. Due to some things outside of my control, I had to come off the road and go back to a desk job. Now, I'm scheduled to start orientation on Wednesday at the Decatur terminal. My recruiter told me that I will go through orientation and receive a truck assignment. But, I got another email for forms I had to electronically sign, and one was about trainer assignment. It was asking about being paired with an opposite sex trainer and whether or not I smoke.

I checked my email today after work at my current job and saw this. My recruiter didn't answer his line, so I thought I would ask here. What are the chances that they put me back with a trainer after orientation? It's not a big deal, but I wanna be prepared and also I wanna conserve space in my bag if I'm gonna be going with a trainer again. I don't want to pack expecting to be assigned a truck and then be crammed into a trainer's truck. Thanks for any help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Will depend on how your test drive goes. If you do good .. they should have you go thru a logging class on how to use the qualcom. Then assign you a truck. I was out kf a truck for 15 momths and thats what they was going to do to me. But i requested to go out with a trainer so he could show me how to chain and give me abit of practice
    Btw... i went with a trainer for 50 hrs of driving. Not the whole training period

4. cmarona463

cmarona463 Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Pinson, AL
    I appreciate the response man. That's kinda what I was hoping for. Take care!

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    With only 9 months experience and over 2 years since you've been in a truck, you can pretty much expect to go out with a trainer. Probably be wise to plan on at least 100 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.