Question about PC

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    No; but it sorta depends on clock time. If it happens while I’m trying to run out clock, then I should’ve stopped sooner. If it happens with plenty of time on clock then I might still have time to get parked. The exception would be a multi hour traffic snarl that was unavoidable, just notate and drive in violation to first available parking. #### happens and nothing should be wrong with getting a violation rarely.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    at my company there isnt a pc button. if that would happen. u just drive to a safe place and park.

Lostmykey Thanks this.
  4. Lostmykey

Oct 6, 2019
    Smart company; just throw PC out window. Problem solved.

5. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    That's not true. In 2018
    According to DeLorenzo, truckers can even drive on personal conveyance time until they find a safe location to park. Given the lack of safe truck parking, this could be a huge help for drivers.

“We don’t want a driver parking in a lot that doesn’t have any lighting or any protection,” DeLorenzo said according to Transport Topics. “We don’t want anybody parking on the side of the highway where it’s unsafe. You can make the call.”

I have run into a situation where all 3 of my spots where full and I ran out of time. (1st one was @ 10 hrs of driving, next was at 10:25, 3rd was @ 10:45 hrs) I then PC to the next available parking area. (Found parking @ 11:15 hrs of driving) I annotated it on my log along w/ where I tried to park. Had a level 1 inspection 2 days later and no violation.

The DOT inspector even told me that PC can be used like this if all available parking was full before your time was up. It was considered safe place to park and not furthering the load.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  6. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Everything is legal until you get caught.
    Some drivers use PC every other day. I use it a couple times a year.

7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    the main question is why tho. you should plan the route and parking. have a plan A,B,C. i have never drove over my 11 for any reason.

8. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    It’s not always as simple as plan a b and c. Not everyone runs interstates with multiple truck stops along their route.

Speed_Drums and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  9. Lostmykey

Oct 6, 2019
    Was that in accordance to ffe policy? kllm has told me to just keep driving in violation. As long as I notated logs that I had been looking for parking, log audit shouldn’t care.

10. Jenn72

Jun 7, 2019
    Did you read my post? I did have 3 spots picked out starting at my 10 hrs of driving. They were all filled. This was in New York.

I also don't have a problem reserving parking either. None of the TS even offered paid parking.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  11. Jenn72

Jun 7, 2019
    FFE/KLLM log audit was the one who told me to switch to off duty PC and note it on logs moving to safe haven. They then told me not to start Pretrip to my 10hrs was up from when I found parking. That way I was in accordance with the 10hr rule, so no one could come back at me and say I was tired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.