Question about their school application

Discussion in 'CRST' started by TurtlesLikeI, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    I was under the impression that it required no experience but there's a disclaimer that states you need to know how to drive a standard/manual transmission (isn't this what training is for...?) and know basic things about tractor trailers and maintenance. Is that BS or should I stay away considering I've never driven even a small truck and have only dealt with a standard on a motorcycle?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well I have read many times over that it is easier to teach someone how to double clutch that has never shifted a manual car, truck etc. I would bet they have people go to their cdl school that have never driven a standard shift vehicle. I wouldn't sweat it.

TurtlesLikeI Thanks this.
  4. RGV956TX

RGV956TX Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    When I went through CDL school about more than half the class didn't know how to drive standard let alone in a big truck, Like you said that's one of the reasons your in the school heeyyyooo... And for knowing the basics of a tractor trailers and how to maintenance them, I'm sure they are referring to the information and terminology that are in the cdl handbook you studied and read to get your permit so that when they ask you to fix your pigtail because your clearance lights are flickering, your not asking them what the hell a pigtail is. If you don't mind me asking are you going through a company school or local CDL school??

TurtlesLikeI Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.