Question about training ...

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Lady K, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I have a question - and it was raised by talking to someone who's son started work for Central, after going through TDA for schooling (in Sacramento), just like Klingon and I are. So needless to say the report is hearsay - but I would like to hear other's experiences (even if it wasn't at Fontana - but elsewhere). The main thing he said that concerned me was that the company wanted him to sign a bunch of papers (I expect that) but then they would NOT give him copies of what he signed... so I guess my main question is - has this happened to anyone else - were you given copies of the paperwork you had to sign on day 3 of training?

Thanks in advance for all your answers :icon_smile:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I cannot remember if I got copy's or not. It has been quite some time.
    I think that they made copy's available if asked, but it was not normal for them to make them for you automatically.
    It has been a while though so I am not sure.
    The main one you sign just says that you will pay for the school. It will have the payment terms for while you are working for Central and the amount that will be due if you leave Central before the year is up.
    Not really too many more they need at that point.
    Once in Orientation you will get allot more to sign. Sorry I could not help more. I just wanted to get you an answer, since I saw that it was not answered in the main thread either.

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Thank you Chrome Dome :biggrin_25514:

5. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    I just asked the recruiter this question.

The cost of school is $3000. They deduct $28.84/week for one year. If you fulfill that year with Central, you only pay $1500. If you go elsewhere before the year, you are liable for the full amount.

Lady K Thanks this.
  6. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    No copies received. It's really like 50 something dollars but central is paying half of that and you only pay the 28. For it to equal out to the 1500 if u stay the year...but if you quit you will owe the 3000 minus what you have already paid in with those 28 dollar payments. On my 3rd week with my trainer. Any other questions I'm willing to answer.

Lady K Thanks this.
  7. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Yea , I don't think I got any copies of the papers I signed either , but then again I read everything from front to back so I knew what I was signing . They have other costs that they take out of your pay for a few weeks , lock kit , and a truck deposit (to cover recovery) like if you quit and just leave the truck somewhere or If something is broken when you turn your truck in to either quit or lease.

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.