Question about Wal-mart Hiring Process

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by rdotts52, Jan 25, 2015.

1. redhawkdiver

redhawkdiver Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    brownstown,mi
    can you give details of what the streamlined hiring process is. ive driven trucks for 20 years and ive never been to a interview. I just called the recruiter and sent them my employment history and driving record, they gave me a bus ticket and as long as I passed the road test and physical I got the job. I work for crete now, no mandatory safety meetings or safety messages, dispatch has only called me once in 2 years. is wal mart driver control orienated, like multiple daily safety messages, safety meetings, do you need to call your dispatcher for driving advise and do you need to send out a daily safety message, in other words are they like jb hunt. I already know how to drive a truck and have done it safely for many years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    I copied this from another post I posted on.

Even the hiring process is different at Walmart - 1st you apply online - you may not get a reply to that for a month or better - then you get a phone interview - they don't even have "recruiters" to tell you everything up front - then if you pass the phone interview, you get scheduled for a road test - pass that then its on to physical, etc - only after you pass ALL of that, are you offered the job - and that's an conditional job offer

Walmart drivers are some of the most experienced drivers in the industry I understand what you are saying about safety messages but that doesn't happen here. Yes once a year we have a mandatory safety meeting where things like new DOT regulations and company policies are discussed. Most information is sent via the OBC.

Walmart doesn't have "dispatchers." With exception of 1 DC that I know of, all dispatches are sent from the ROC - the regional operation center. The DC's have coordinaters that handle any problems you may have locally.

With the amount of experience and safety records of the drivers that work here, Walmart expects you to make smart, safe decisions. Frankly, they don't have time to look over the shoulders of the private fleet.

4. Donnie27

Donnie27 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Can anyone tell me a little about the pre trip inspection test , it seems a lot of people are failing the test, i go to test Dec. 16th, 16.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.