Question for curent Dart O/O's....

Discussion in 'Dart' started by quiphauler, Feb 26, 2013.

1. jessupguy

jessupguy Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Any information on the FL DD13 Engine 2014 Freightliner that Dart has?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    .... Looks like I got my job cut out for me. What I'll do instead is post a few statements for some of these youngsters. Some nuts are hard to crack! To hades with a motor look at the money is what I have learned down through the years.
    I will be very busy for the next few days/weeks. I will offer one tid bit of advice that may seem to back peddling but its truly not.
    Look into JB hunt lease program before hanging yourself out to dry, it at the very least has plenty of wiggle room as far as some left over money!
    Its half the price weekly wise which leaves you more money because it ain't what ya think it is!
    I don't give a #### what the other guy fed you add the numbers up 300- 300 + for insurance and Dart will make sure you buy it thru them one way or another.
    Why do you think lease operators buy used tires? Go look around at who's leasing and who's not and you come back and the us.
    Workman's comp, bobtail fuel you will buy for keeping warm even while sitting at a customer, oil changes, grease jobs.
    Dude when you lease you are upside down! And if you turn that truck in you will pay 3 weeks of payments to highway sales or Dart they WILL sue you if they cannot find a buyer in those 3 weeks.
    Don't box yourself in! Do you have a copy of the contract between you and Dart or Highway sales?
    Me thinks not...
    I am 50 years old been driving since the mid 90's I was burned the first year of driving which by the way is the way I learned how to drive after that first burn I did not go near that stove again!
    Why talk about a motor? We wanna know what do you think you will bring home every week?

cbtx12 Thanks this.
  4. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Let me put put it where the goats can get it.... I was once stranded in a snow storm in North Carolina for 3 days trying to pick up a load going to California grossed 3 grand! I tried to hold down fule consumption the whole bit, well to make it short and to the point when I finally delivered that load in my truck that had payments of about 900 a month (Sweet deal?) After all the insurance fuel and everything that kicked in I too that load all the way to California and got 0!!!
    Not even enough to make a payment on my truck they took all that was due and I got the shaft!
    Mother Nature is a real Mother when she wanna be! Like I said AND I don't care what the other poor misguided soul told you in that PM message you are gonna hang yaself out to dry and don't say I didn't warn ya!
    Nice trucks but way too high in terms of cost! I got the vibes that highway sales really didn't wanna sell me a truck for my own good.
    When you are ready to fly solo little chicken you'll know it because you'll have the money in the bank.

OPUS 7 and mnmover Thank this.
  5. jessupguy

jessupguy Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2013
    WOW your are just so smart. Yea lets not worry anything about the new motors. Your right lets go get a 2003 old Sh**ty truck and yeee haaaa, run on down the road. Last time I look we are in ? about dart o/o thread. So yea lets just talk about how bad they are and no one makes any money and how I driver 3000 miles and don't bring nothing home, because I sure its the company's fault. I have been out here for 18 yrs and don't care less about what happen to you. I didn't make much money at a lease purchase I did and the last thing was to put it on the company. I know what I need to make which is different then what someone else needs. Company's are out to make money. L/P are for the trucker who does not have 20 k sitting on his lap to go to a dealer. wow this is NEW news. You guys that run L/P see these loads out here for 2-2.50 a mile and want to make 3000k a week after everything. So you don't, so lets get on here and talk bad about them. L/P are for $800 to $1500 a week guys. more NEW news. So when someone who ask about the new truck motors, maybe just maybe he is a little smarter then you and all ready knows about his other cost and was trying to get some reviews on something to make a professional decision. But hey, could be wrong, guess JB hunt will be my savior.

azcardnlz Thanks this.
  6. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Yes the motor plays a factor a huge factor indeed however it does not change the income factor as much as you think. If I ran all my numbers they still wouldn't change anything very much. Sure can make a profit but it will be tight as hell to do especially when they dump those rolls of paper on you out of Texas and or Louisiana.
    I did not but mines through Dart too many horror stories about drivers who gave up and that's the name of the game dude to make you give up and clean your clock at the same time.
    People were having it tuff making 700 a week after taxes last time I was at Dart.
    Look I understand your desire to wanna run free but it comes at a price, fast as ya want where ya want (to a degree) when ya want all have a price.
    You will not be truly free till you out right buy you one that you have saved up for or gotten a lump sum lawsuit such as workman's comp or accident for a down payment and your own authority.
    I say this because that is he way my life seems to be pointed even then if I take my settlement and do that it comes not only at a price but a risk.
    Many others have gone before me and you and did the same things and where are they now?
    Ask any of the guys at Dart and or any company to show your his settlements or his title, you can't fool facts.
    They can pull those settlements up on their cellphone.
    Yes Dart will allow you to pay it off but at the same time they may play games with you and or your money, do you and your family have time for that?
    Remember YOU are at their mercy you don't play ball then give them their truck back pay off your 3 weeks of payments and they will leave you alone.
    Dart will sue you to get that money they have done it to drivers who got cellphone tickets, they did not pay off that 10 grand they sued the driver made him pay off their fine as well as his own after they canceled his contract.
    Nice people at Dart but they don't play when it comes to money.
    Remember this other drivers had hell paying off a montly 998 payment, what do you think you are going to experience at 500 a week?

mnmover Thanks this.
  7. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Hey dude did Dart turn out to be all you imagined it would be?
    We haven't heard from ya in a while. :biggrin_25519:

8. arboc2

arboc2 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2014
    has any one pulled for dart id like to know how they treat their o/o

9. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Please specify...

10. truckinfast

truckinfast Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Texas
    Did you ever figure out why some load info says "no hyundai trailers"
    I never knew why?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.