Question for Max Signal

Discussion in 'Truckers Forum Sponsors - Supporters Forum' started by CMoore2004, May 14, 2008.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    The top of the line in-vehicle wireless booster. I'd have to go look for the model number, and that would require action. :D :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I guess the "some" improvement you see is better than the "none" I see with the cheaper model. But since I didn't buy it direct, I'll not attribute it to the brand just yet.

4. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Buffalo , New York
    Brinkman , Your problem has been antenna placement , when you had both antennas up front so close together for all that time I fear you fried the amplifier. Send me the amplifier and the power cable and we will swap them out. You should be getting much better results than you are. When you install the new one please follow my instructions on placing the antennas.

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I'll do that but maybe talk about changing for a hard wired unit. I haven't found any place in my truck that didn't ossilate. Behind the dash, as far back and low in the sleeper as the interior antenna would reach etc.

I'll send you a PM or call you before I mail it.

6. CMoore2004

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Here I am paying for Flying J's Internet access because my signal's weak in the back of the truck and I just got frustrated. Wish I knew if Houdini really had the CA-819 or the DBSW-819, as the wired unit would just piss me off. Anyway, 12 hours left of my 34-hour reset. Was completely ready to buy an amplifier at the hook, but they didn't have any. In fact, I haven't seen one of the cell-phone rip-off booths in a truck-stop in over a month. Perhaps I'm just stopping at the wrong places.

7. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Buffalo , New York
    Houdini won a CA819 kit , Prisoner won an IVWA819 , Luck lady won a CA819 Kit , I believe

8. CMoore2004

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll give him a call tomorrow and tell him to relist it in the classifieds or whatever he did before. I had actually looked up the thread where he won it and it said he won the IVWA819. I wouldn't take a wired unit if I could get it for just the cost of shipping. Guess I'll have to find one of the truckstops that rips ya off on the Wilson amps. $400 isn't horrible for the amp, but they could at least include the antennas.

9. CMoore2004

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Found a power cord in the J that works for the DBSW819. The light goes bright, then dim, then stays bright when I plug it in. Absolutely 0 gain on my signal back here (my laptop's about 2 feet from the internal antenna). I just don't understand how an amplifier could give absolutely no gain. But like I said, it's probably something the seller on eBay did, not a defect of the product itself. Still drives me nuts. Maybe I'll open it up later and take a peak.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.