Question, I apologize if it's been asked

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by DazzlinD4, May 2, 2017.

1. Ironhead2542

Ironhead2542 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Should be easy, same thing you do every day. Its funny, but the big test is of 2 things we should be doing every day. Pre-trip, and driving. Relax and show them you know your job, that really is all it is. You really don't need to know the names of every part. On thing I help guys on is a dvir book. Unless you slip seat, you may not be familiar with these. But Wal-Mart uses them, so check for it. Only place I used one was in the oil fields, otherwise I'd never of known to look for one. ​

DazzlinD4 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DazzlinD4

DazzlinD4 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Everywhere
    Before I go back to work in a couple of week I'l have to spend some time looking into that, I appreciate all the info you have been most helpful.

4. NYVET

NYVET Medium Load Member

May 15, 2013
    Springville NY
    Going by what you've said so far, having no real home, I'd apply where there's an opening and get in while you can. Walmart has been on a hiring blitz for a few years, trying to replace all the old guys who retired and are going to retire soon. Once the fleet has been 'turned over', you'll find it much more difficult if not impossible to get in, especially where you really want to. While I would echo the caution of 'pulling up stakes', many have done so very successfully, and many have just waited until there was an opening nearer to home. We had one guy from Florida, two guys from South Carolina (who would FLY up for a month and go home once a month), and a guy from North Dakota. As you can ascertain from that, the job is worth it, and I would recommend getting in wherever you can just to get your foot in the door. Of course you could always inquire as to when and if a particular DC is going to hire any more drivers...if they say a couple months, wait. But any longer, jump in anywhere and once you get a year in, you can transfer, and it goes without saying that you'll get priority over new-hires. Good luck whatever you decide.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.