Question regarding Prime Inc sleep study

Discussion in 'Prime' started by urgefan77, Jan 25, 2013.

1. HittinTheRoad

HittinTheRoad Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Joplin, MO
    It is a Philips Respironics RemStar PRO. At least that's the info printed on it.:O_o_1PIRATES8:

Coffeediver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogchimp

dogchimp Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    I will more then likely end up having to have a sleep study when I go to prime, and will probably end up with a CPAP, out of curiosity, if we are insured, is there a way to have prime submit the cost to the insurance

4. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    They wont except insurance. Eventhough they claim to be separate from prime.

AnotherObserver Thanks this.
  5. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    If you want to use your insurance, you are free to find your own sleep clinic, have the test done, and bill your insurance.

if you go this route, be prepared to bring documentation on your diagnosis and clearances from your doctor. Most important you will need to provide at least 30 days of your machines usage data to show compliance.

The sleep clinic contracted by Prime uses a cpap machine that has a cellular modual that is attached to track compliance for the first 30 days. After that you return the modual and they put you on a three month memory card download schedule.

Primes program is already discounted, for whatever reason, they don't have to or want to deal with insurance companies.

Any carrier can set their own standard above the DOT minimum requirement as long as they apply that standard to every applicant. If you are over the BMI limit, they require a slerp study. You are not required to use Primes contracted clinic, but you won't be hired until you get the test. If you pass you are hired with the proper documentation that you passed. If you failed, you can still be hired, but not until after you submit a usage print out of at least 30 days from you machine

6. dogchimp

dogchimp Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    So if I go tto prime, and take their sleep test, and get one of their cpaps, then I have to wait until 30 days of use before I can continue with them? if this were to happen, do I need to pay my ticket home and back, or will they?

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    No, you shouldn't have to wait. See post no. 4.

8. poisonarmy

poisonarmy Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Madison Maine
    I heading to prime on the 25 of march. AND I will most likely have to do the sleep study for them.where I'm slighty over 39% bmi and have a big neck but as long as at the end of they week I have a driving job with prim I could care less

9. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

If you have untreated sleep apnea, the difference a CPAP machine makes is nothing short of life changing.

I've been using CPAP for over 15 years... if you can learn to sleep in an idling truck at a truck stop, you can learn to sleep with a CPAP machine!

10. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    What are the requirements that flag you for a sleep study? Anyone know specifics?

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Throat obstructions, snoring like a dead rinoceros, high BMI, large neck size. Skinny guys can have it as well... the BMI deal seems to really strike a nerve with folks though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.