Question to Current Interstate Drivers

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Midnight Rider1, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Midnight Rider1

Midnight Rider1 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I have a question to pose to my fellow Interstate drivers. Any truth to the rumors floating about that Interstate is "circling the drain", being sold, bought out? It just seems odd that there are so many cuts being made to FM staff, mechanics and other departments. I was at TY last week to get permit book updated and was told the "2011 permits would be issued later." REALLY?! Seems odd with only 3 weeks left in the year. Found out over the weekend that they closed the truck washes at FY and Wilsonville. I was also talking to another driver who told me his FM spent her vacation time looking for other employment. And I don't know about the rest of you, but my runs have been getting shorter and shorter (11 Western).
    Maybe this isn't the proper place to be discussing dirty laundry, but I gotta tell ya...I'm more than a little nervous. Any thoughts, comments?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChuckK70

ChuckK70 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I right there with ya driver! I'm getting mighty nervous about this place as well. Found out this past weekend that the rail yard in La Grange, IL where our drop yard was... we are no longer there. We are across Chicago in a cramped little lot in a semi-residential area, shared with another trucking company.

Then this past week I'm told about their new logging rules. After running them their way for nearly a week, I see that it is, in effect, a 15-20% pay cut. Only they are smart enough not to cut your RATE, only your available hours to drive.

Combined with your remarks above, I'm not real confident about my long-term prospects here. And... I've been sitting here in MN for 24hrs and no sign of any freight for me yet. "Freight is slow" I'm told.

Hmmm...

Midnight Rider1 Thanks this.
  4. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Ouch!
    I'm not with Interstate but I certainly can understand the concern y'all have. Remember Arrow a year or two ago...just before Christmas? Hope things turn back around to the positive for you guys!

5. Midnight Rider1

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks Gears! I really hope this is all just over-reaction on my part, but I'm leaning toward following my gut instincts and exploring other options.

rocknroll nik and Gears Thank this.
  6. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Dang, Interstates been on my short list since I started driving... if I hadn't landed this local gig I was going there a year ago.

Sorry to hear about the problems guys. My hopes are with you.

7. Midnight Rider1

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    OK. I just confirmed my fears. They're laying off FM's on an almost daily basis, and I'm told my miles were reduced due to freight being "less than projected". Bullsh#! I'm grabbing my life vest and abandoning ship. I hope things get better for those left behind. I'll be praying for you all.

ChuckK70 and rocknroll nik Thank this.
  8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    Is their csa score bad? maybe that has something to do with it

9. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Let us know where you land Midnight...and best of luck to ya!

Midnight Rider1 Thanks this.
  10. Midnight Rider1

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I can't see their CSA score yet, but their SafeStat score is better than most. It's a head scratcher as to what's going on.

11. Midnight Rider1

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks Gears! I start with TWT on Monday. I worked for them a few years back, and I know they're stable and a great company to work for.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.