Question to Current Interstate Drivers

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Midnight Rider1, Dec 6, 2010.

1. claredog1

claredog1 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Goose Creek, sc
    Twt, tide water transport, correct?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    tide water transport is mostly an east of mississippi river outfit..........

4. Midnight Rider1

Midnight Rider1 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Not exactly sure what it stands for. The full company name is Trans-System Inc. They have a flatbed division (System), reefer division (TWT), and a bulk divison (James J. Williams). Been back with them for a little over 3 weeks now and loving it.

5. Midnight Rider1

Midnight Rider1 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Amen to that !!

6. Smokeeater

Smokeeater Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Wow... last one to leave the building, turn out the lights and lock the door. I hope they don't (Arrow) any drivers out there.

7. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    They had an ad looking for drivers in our very very small local paper the other day. They may not be closing the doors (yet) but maybe they're cutting as much as they can in order to right the ship so to speak. Of course this is PURE speculation on my part.

8. Smokeeater

Smokeeater Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thats interesting Gears.. I would think a driver would be a little aprehensive about taking a job with them right now. I hope they can survive, but there sure are a lot of red flags going up right now.

9. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

well I have asked 3 fleet managers, 1 planner and the operations manager whats going on..and have gotten a DIFF ANSWER FROM ALL OF THEM...including that they arent allowed to talk about it....and that "credit is tight" and "that we are making all the cutbacks we can, and tightening every bolt" and " we are in the 9th round of a 10 round fight"...and yeah, we are seeing less miles as well..and more broker freight...we are on the reefer board.. we are getting A LOT of solo runs since we came back...also have a trk with a 1.9 mil miles on it... we were here before and had a new cascadia quit for 2 months and came back... came back the end of dec...this is already our 2nd trk since we came back...due to breakdown...was told that one of the owners filed personal bankruptcy....that came the office...and ops manager. that is THE ONLY thing that was said that was consistent with all the people talked to......ops manager said that it was personal bankruptcy and has nothing to do with IDC...so i dunno.....know things are A LOT diff since we came back...we were here almost a year before we quit...now not sure what we are doing...know if the ship is sinking we arent going down with it..oh yeah also they are "looking for investors" to take over the shares that belonged to the one that filed bankruptcy

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Midnight Rider1 Thanks this.
  10. Gears

Aug 20, 2009

Thought I'd look up that ad that I referred to above. It wasn't Interstate, it was FFE. Sorry drivers...I don't know what the heck I was thinking (or maybe even drinking).

My Bad:biggrin_25510:

11. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    To me, the "9th round of a 10 round fight" and other similar comments are subtle suggestions that y'all had better keep an ear to the pavement and have some other options available. Maybe even be proactive before the chips fall, if that's what's going to happen.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.