questions about averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by peter18, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Hey MustangGT,

I take it you work for Averitt? If so, would they hire someone with one year experience? I am currently working on getting some experience and it will be a while before I am up to a year.

They have a terminal around the corner from my in Lawrenceville GA. They look like they might be a good company to work for. What is the starting pay for 1 year experience?

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rastaman2000

rastaman2000 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
  4. mule68

mule68 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2010
    falkville alabama
    i have been with them sinse april and i am very pleased with them overall.like any company there is good and bad but the good far better than any other company i have drove for before

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I personally know a driver that went to trucking school. Then to Star transport. Never even finished training on the trainers truck. Bailed and got a job with pepsi in a daycab. Did that for not very long and averitt hired him. He did not even know how to slide his axles. I had to tell him how to do it and I pull a flat. He was not even weighing his wagon.:biggrin_2556:

6. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    So what happened? Is he doing ok now?
    When I started, I didn't understand tandem weight. I wasn't even familiar with a log book, but I learned as I went, and was helped along by experienced drivers.
    Maybe Averitt saw some potential and felt he was worth giving a chance.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    No, he went through another wife. Actually left his wife for a waitress at a truck stop. Got back with the wife. Decided trucking was the zipper problem. Him and her split again and he went back to averitt.

Then he was running teams, but he moved. His co driver would get the truck and go pick him up. They was on a dedicated run. They found out the co driver was running part of the run without him and canned both of them.

8. ironhead03

ironhead03 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Piedmont SC
    I live near the greer sc terminal they seem to be hiring often. I was laid off, and been at a low pay job for a year now, looking around.What dedicated runs do they run out of greer sc.? How long does it take to get one? Thanks for your great post. Do you think it would be a good idea to talk to FM or just go ahead and put in application?Thanks again.

9. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    It used to be one year (or six months with HS diploma) to bid on dedicated job.
    It would probably be best to ask a recruiter on that. I don't know what all is in that area, but I do know some Mercedes guys run out of Greer.
    They run from Greenville SC to Vance AL five days a week. That works out to 3200 miles and off every weekend.

10. ironhead03

ironhead03 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Piedmont SC
    I am waiting to here from Auto Zone, And GNC the vitamin ppl.There is another company near me called Palmetto State they are LTL and pay 40cpm and home once to twice a week.I have an app at O.D. they said it would be spring before they hire. Averitt is advertising heavy here in greenville sc. Might be needing drivers or high turn over, Don't know.There new adds have dropped the 41.5 top out line in the add, just says 37 to start w/exp.I am still concidering them. I just want to make this my last move.I'm going some where by march.

11. ExtremeDrive

ExtremeDrive Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks MustangGT for helping all of us make an educated decision ;)

The recruter told me that the average miles for OTR position now is 2100. The average means that sometimes you might get even less then that... Some say that during first 3-6 months they will give you up to 3000 and then when they see you not going to quit - give you less. Do you see this trend being true?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.